Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
This position is to manage the export department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Insure the proper communication with external customers via phone and email and subsequently with carriers and internal customers to manage export cargo and FF business.
· Insure the proper arrangement of bookings, invoicing customers and providing pre-alerts to destination agents in line with corporate policy and export process guidelines.
· Supervise the export customer service department with regard to being on time daily, and any time off for sickness or holidays. This includes updating E-Time as necessary.
· Monitor the work load of the department to insure accuracy, balance tasks among staff. This includes resource allocation and overtime review and approval.
· Advise management of any issues with staff work quality, adherence to company policy and customer satisfaction issues, both positive and negative.
· Insure proper coverage of desk duties when any staff member is out sick or on holiday.
· Review staff performance as outlined within their job description and monitor goals on a semi-annual basis.
· Review and insure KPI’s are kept within required parameters.
· Encourage Kaizen and PRIDE projects whenever possible.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma plus four or more years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of TSA and IATA DC regulations is necessary.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc, comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
We hope that you will consider joining our team! Yusen Logistics (Americas) INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER