Proactively develop and maintain relationships with the clients as their main point of contact.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Upon receipt of the shipment documents, checks for completeness of required information and performs data input to open file.
- Provide rate quotes & updates to clients on ocean, air, and trucking shipments.
- Handling Export Clearance (AES) and Documentation Distribution when needed (sending all of the final export documents to overseas parties).
- Performs billing function including preparing client invoice and all required support documents.
- Contact clients to: explain transportation services offered by the department, assess customer’s shipping trends and freight rate requirements; follow up with requested information.
- Responsible for making bookings, load planning, opening files, and preparation of hazardous declarations.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter indicating the position title and salary expectations to email@example.com .
- Fully conversant with Company policies and procedures, all applicable Customs laws, regulations, procedures and industry practices.
- Required to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to handle large volume of work.
- Strong team player.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Livingston International, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Livingston is committed to providing a safe and productive workplace. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a credit and/or motor vehicle history.
Livingston International - 20 months ago