Responsible for processing car rental transactions for Express customers, utilizing approved sales techniques to offer and sell incremental car rental products, and providing customer service with the car rental experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: % TIME
1. Process car rental transactions for Express customers, and prepare and create rental agreements through use of computer system. 35%
2. Greet customers, and disclose rates, terms and conditions of rental while using approved sales techniques to encourage customers to utilize incremental car rental products; obtain customer signatures when needed. 30%
3. Assist customers with directions, and review and resolve rental contract and vehicle issues; process vehicle exchanges. 10%
4. Instruct customers on how to update their profiles. 10%
5. Organize and maintain cleanliness of rental office / cashier booth area. 5%
6. Enter and maintain information in location logs, as required 5%
7. Distribute keys. 5%
Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge and skill in the operation of car rental software and hardware
- Knowledge of car rental operations
- Ability to manage stressful and unusual situations while maintaining good customer relations
- Good organizational skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Car rental product knowledge and ability to use effective and approved sales techniques, as required
- Ability to type and perform accurate data entry
- Ability to process all paperwork according to policies and procedures
What's in it for you!
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prefer 9 to 12 months car rental or sales experience
- Valid driver’s license as required by state
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Benefit Plan provides a very comprehensive and industry-competitive health care benefit package to employees including medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance, as well as short term and long term disability insurance.
The Plan also provides for a Health Flexible Spending Account and a Dependent Flexible Spending Account. In addition to the benefits described above, Dollar Thrifty also offers a 401(k) Retirement Savings Program that includes an employer match.
The Dollar Thrifty Employee Benefit Plan allows you the flexibility to elect benefits that best fit your individual and family needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. We appreciate your visit to our Career Site. If you have interest and would like to be considered for any of our career opportunities, please apply on-line.
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...