External Communications Coordinator
As an external communications coordinator working in Caterpillar's Washington, D.C. office, provide strategic external communications coordination across a range of external organizations that interact with Caterpillar and senior leaders developing communications plans and initiatives that support Caterpillar Governmental Affairs positions and strategy. The incumbent will also provide communications and event planning coordination support for Caterpillar and the Cat PAC. In addition, this position will also support Caterpillar's media relations activities and initiatives related to governmental affairs in the United States. The objective for this work will be to enhance and promote Caterpillar's image and reputation and to limit the impact of potentially negative stories associated with Caterpillar. The incumbent will also provide communications support to Caterpillar's Vice President of Global Government and Corporate Affairs.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating public messaging with various industry associations that interface with Caterpillar and have Caterpillar executives in key leadership roles. Examples include, but are not limited to: Business Roundtable, Business Council, Association of Equipment Manufacturers, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Event planning and coordination as well as communications support for the Cat PAC.
- Support for media relations activities for Caterpillar related to U.S. Governmental Affairs initiatives.
- Support the communication needs for the Business Unit Vice President.
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or Political Science.
- At least two years of media relations experience, ideally working directly in the governmental affairs arena.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Understanding of Caterpillar and industries served by Caterpillar.
- Understanding of Governmental Affairs groups and organizations affiliated with Caterpillar.
- Understanding of media relations.
Relocation is available.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Feb 25, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-District of Columbia-Washington-WASHDC01-Washington DC Business Off-US
Caterpillar - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...