Micron Technology’s Advanced Controller Group is focused on developing leading-edge memory controller and System-on-Chip (SoC) designs, incorporating advanced processor, memory, and interface IP to create market-disruptive computing solutions. As External Foundry and Operations Manager for this organization, you will lead a team that drives the evaluation and roadmap creation for external foundry deep submicron process technology, establishes silicon technology infrastructure, manages quality and reliability for semiconductor products, and establishes packaging and test strategy and supply chains.
This role is based at Micron’s facilities in San Jose, California where our employees enjoy careers that allow them to be on the leading edge of the industry. Come join Micron’s Advanced Controller Group as we deliver leading-edge solutions that will change the storage, computing, and communications industries.
Your/your team’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Exploring and evaluating external foundry deep submicron process technology, translating silicon technology capabilities and challenges into product level impacts.
- Developing process technology roadmaps that align with Micron’s projected needs.
- Developing and supporting silicon technology infrastructure (Spice, PDK, DRC, LVS, LPE) for target processes.
- Facilitating access to baseline silicon IP provided by foundries (RAMs, OTP, IO, etc).
- Working in close cooperation with Micron Packaging teams to enable packaging solutions needed for logic SOCs.
- Developing and implementing a supply chain strategy for logic SOCs in close cooperation with Micron packaging and procurement teams, including a process for RMAs.
- Developing and implementing test strategies for logic SOCs.
- Managing the quality and reliability of external foundry semiconductors at wafer, die, and packaged part, working with Micron’s supplier quality teams.
- Yield analysis and yield improvement, driving the resolution of yield issues and feeding improvements back into the design process.
- Developing and maintaining strong technical and business relationships with foundry, packaging, and test partners.
- Facilitating Failure analysis of Logic SOCs working in cooperation with existing Micron FA capability.
- Working closely with Micron procurement, manage business terms with foundries – including ongoing cost reductions.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A minimum of 15 years semiconductor industry experience with emphasis on process technology, process integration, packaging, production test, and quality.
- Understanding of CMOS device physics, processes, and design rules.
- In-depth knowledge of front-end and back-end manufacturing, design rules, design manuals & reliability.
- Experienced in identifying process defect/yield loss root cause and resolution.
- Exceptional teamwork skills, able to bridge between front-end and back-end teams to solve domain-spanning problems.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with key industry partners and suppliers.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to other design peers in verbal and written form.
- MS or Ph.D. in Electrical, Computer, or Materials Science Engineering is required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology, Inc - 6 months ago
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...