∩╗┐GENERAL FUNCTION: If you are an outgoing and resilient individual with great people skills and an insatiable desire to succeed, then join our team at Fifth Third Bank where we provide all the essential tools for your success! Fifth Third Bank is seeking a professional and tenacious Mortgage Loan Originator to perform a wide range of duties relating to the origination of residential mortgage loans. You will provide lending solutions for a homeowner's financial needs, both short and long-term andassume overall responsibility for the mortgage loan from its application stage to its closing. In this role you will not be aligned with a Fifth Third Financial Center or line of business partner but instead will be focused on generating external/outsidebusiness (purchase and refinance loans), within your local market developed through external relationships (realtors, builders, developers, etc.). This position will work out of a home office, Fifth Third Corporate office, or other approved locations.You will also h
* Recognizes market opportunities, understands similarities & differences of competitors, and effectively communicates the Fifth Third value proposition.
* Develops strategies, business plans, and marketing plans to drive sustainable business opportunities with external customers
* Proactively and consistently meets with referral sources such as realtors and builders to explain Fifth Third mortgage options that are available to their customers.
* Follows the Fifth Third sales process (Prepare & Prospect, Assess Needs, Recommend Solutions, Close & Implement, and Follow Through) engaging the One Bank team as needed, upholding core values and building loyal customer relationships.
* Fosters interactive dialogue by actively listening, asking needs-based questions and gain an understanding.
* Effectively presents options and responds to objections by linking product/service to need and clearly explaining value, features, and benefits.
* Provides holistic financial solutions to current and prospective customers by coordinating customer proposals. Proactively surfaces prospective clients and provides solutions to meet affiliate, team and customer goals.
* Develops a negotiation strategy, overcomes objections, confidently asks for business and ensures a win-win outcome.
* Demonstrates an understanding of Fifth Third products and services including features and benefits.
* Actively consults with prospective borrowers to provide the appropriate financial solution for the assessed customer need. Introduces clients to key partners (Personal Banker, Wealth Management Advisor) if the appropriate customer solution is not aMortgage product.
* Actively participates in training and development opportunities to maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, underwriting and general departmental guidelines.
Provide Suitable Solutions
* Consistently and accurately collects necessary documentation including application (Fannie Mae form 1003 via Unifi/Home Connect) and fees.
* Engages fulfillment partners to successfully deliver product/service to customer within approved SLAs.
* Communicates with external referral partners, and/or applicants to provide timely updates and manage expectations.
* Utilizes bank approved devices (e.g. PC and/or blackberry) for communication and access of daily rates, customer information, Fulfillment communications and other critical activities related to the loan origination process.
* Maintains knowledge and adheres to Fifth Third Mortgage CompanyΓÇÖs policies and procedures including Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Attends and participates in all Mortgage meetings as required by management.
* Attends loan closings and ensures exceptional customer experience is achieved for both the consumer and referral partner.
* Ensures customer is well informed and quickly responds to requests.
* Presents self in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
* Encourages customer to complete Customer Experience survey and maintains future contact to build long term trust and loyalty.
* Finds opportunities to deliver our brand promise through community service. May volunteer, advise, or serve on community Board(s), presents at seminars/conferences.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
∩╗┐MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED: * Minimum 2 years of mortgage origination experience required. * High school diploma or equivalent required. Four-year college degree preferred. * Easily learns, adapts and uses various software programs. PC proficient in Windows based software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with Mortgage origination systems preferred. * Possessing a driver's license and being insurable under company guidelines * Must have an existing network of referral partners. * Strong Sales expertise with a focus on consultative/solution based selling * Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment. * Demonstrated organizational skills, written and verbal communications skills. * Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills. * This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required foremployment in this position. * Knowledge of conventional and government lending guidelines. * Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures. * Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending including Community Reinvestment Act/Fair Lending * Demonstrated understanding of Enterprise Risk and Compliance guidelines and policies WORKING CONDITIONS: * Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like. * Extended viewing of PC screen. * Extensive travel. * Extensive field sales exposure in varied environmental conditions.
Fifth Third Bank is The curious bank. We are one of the top-performing banks in the country with a more-than-150-year heritage of success...