The Financial Reporting Analyst participates in the preparation of the Company's external financial statements and the related disclosures, and provides technical support on accounting and disclosure matters in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Participates in the timely and accurate preparation and tie out of the Company's SEC filings, such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, and registration statements, including related XBRL submissions in compliance with the SEC's detail tagging requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of financial information and presentations for the Company's quarterly earnings release.
- Performs technical research to assist in the resolution of accounting and financial reporting disclosure matters in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Maintains compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding financial reporting, including preparation of documentation to support financial disclosures.
- Supports the Company's external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Assists in preparing and tying out financial reports, schedules and presentations for other internal customers.
- Responsible for some general accounting tasks such as analyzing general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries, and performing account reconciliations in highly technical areas.
- Maintains current knowledge of US GAAP and stays abreast of and assists in the implementation of new accounting standards and disclosures.
- Analyzes and summarizes financial data.
- Aid in the documentation of the Company's accounting policies and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 1 year of public accounting experience
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Track record in balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Knowledge of SEC requirements and experience with preparation of SEC filings
CDW - 16 months ago
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW features...