Our External Reporting Director will coordinate, plan, and provide external reporting requirements. You will be responsible for helping collect, analyze, and making recommendations to the business leaders as deemed necessary. You will responsible for preparing or reviewing financial information for other external documents, such as earnings releases and related conference call scripts, XBRL filings, Forms 8K, 10Qs and 10Ks. and Proofpoint's website financial postings.
Responsibilities include :
- Responsible for external reporting to the SEC, supporting investor relations on press releases / other matters, implementation of new accounting standards and assessment of technical accounting matters.
- Acquisition work for growing company, including preparation of carve-out financial statements
- Responsible for accounting policies and procedures and providing guidance to businesses.
- Identify ways to promote efficiency within the financial reporting process, create a best practices environment.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting and SEC reporting pronouncements and ensure proper application in the company's reporting process.
- Manage the research and proposed action relating to existing and proposed accounting and regulatory pronouncements and guidelines, including presentation of findings to senior management.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- 5+ years of SEC reporting experience
- 5+ years of Progressive experience Big 4 Audit public / private mix is a plus
- CPA is required
- Excellent (current) technical accounting skills
- Acquisition and divestiture experience a plus (purchase accounting and due diligence)
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interact effectively with executives.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements, along with excellent research and issue resolution skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to take work direction from several people and effectively prioritize duties
- Ability to build relationships quickly and to influence effectively in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work as part of a team
Proofpoint is a pioneering security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving...