Essential Skills and Experience
• Ability to develop relationships with employers to establish externship sites
• Work comfortably with people with diverse backgrounds
• Strong interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills
• Results oriented and competitive drive required
• Demonstrated ability to develop employer relationships
• Ability to work accurately and coordinate and accomplish a variety of tasks
• Working knowledge of technical and procedural aspects and functions
Externship Coordinator Page 2
• Basic physiology; safety procedures; ethical standards and practice
• Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing and encouraging a learning
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• English will be the primary language used; bilingual abilities useful but not required
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive in the United States
Manage the student externship experience by ensuring the development of adequate number of
sites and the student’s successful and timely selection and completion of externships that would
lead to employment.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures
• Develop relationships with students in the program to asses student strengths/weaknesses
and to match students skills with extern sites to meet extern to hire percentage.
• Responsible for developing relationships with employers to ensure site development and
extern to hire accountabilities are met
• Responsible for developing and recruiting externship to hire sites
• Responsible for placing students on site within 5 days of last day of attendance.
• Meet weekly with the DOE, ADOCS and functional team to review student progress on
• Will be evaluated by the DOCS on the following measures:
o Extern to hire rate of 65% per program
o Development of extern sites
o Placement rate of 85%-90% per program
• Assist with additional duties as assigned by the Director of Career Services
At International Education Corporation, we believe that training and education are powerful tools that can help students build a foundation...