The position supports the Production Supervisor in meeting daily production requirements by providing training and leadership to fruit extraction personnel and resolving operational problems while working alongside other team members.
- Monitors the daily department production activity and facilitates departmental workflow.
- Organizes workload by reviewing daily production schedule requirements.
- Assists Production Supervisor in meeting daily production requirements by monitoring and enforcing workforce productivity and quality; assists in resolving operational problems.
- Leads the workforce by onboarding and training extraction personnel, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Promotes a high level of safety awareness, continuous improvement, and safety practices with the extraction team.
- Monitors equipment and supplies and keeps Supervisor and Manager informed.
- Runs and maintains extraction machines, provides oversight of the fruit sorting and washing area, and maintains fruit source by use of the yard dog.
- Monitors extraction crew to maintain proper headcount based upon fruit quality.
- Assists Supervisor in auditing work stations to ensure SOP’S are being followed.
- Coordinates with other departments to meet production targets.
- Monitors employee attendance and maintain asttendance log.
- Follows company GMPs and all quality programs.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate fluently both in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work effectively both independently (with little or no supervision) and as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, adaptability, regular attendance and mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to operate yard dog equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to meet physical requirements including continuous standing and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; occasional climbing of ladders; and use of pallet jacks. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- HS diploma or GED preferred and minimum three years related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong familiarity with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures of a food manufacturing environment and ability to learn those specific to SunOpta.
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
SunOpta is a leading global company with a focus on natural, organic and specialty foods. We specialize in the sourcing, processing and...