The Finance and Accounting (F & A) Systems Manager manages the support and maintenance of F & A systems. He/She identifies, defines, and deploys business system requirements. This position supports financial systems management and system enhancement development. He/She collaborates with users to resolve issues with applications and serves as the liaison between users and the Information Technology (IT) department. The F & A Systems Manager assesses financial systems during the merger and acquisition process and manages the integration with UPS’s financial systems. This position manages F & A Supervisors, F & A Systems Specialists, and Lead Technical Support Specialists.
The F & A Systems Manager prioritizes control issues to identify the impact to the field and to plan resources. He/She identifies problems to clarify, re-create, and resolve system issues and educates the field to increase users’ knowledge and to reduce errors. He/She collaborates with the IT department to analyze and resolve issues and to clarify and reinforce business rules.
- Gathers business requirements to understand and establish business rules.
- Gathers data to conduct systems testing and setup.
- Justifies enhancements to ensure benefits exceed costs.
- Performs testing to ensure requirements are met and no impact occurs to functionality of systems.
- Manages the systems implementation to coordinate releases of enhancements and to ensure smooth transitions.
- Develops and delivers presentations to gain feedback, support, and approval.
- Conducts status meetings to provide updates and to share information.
- Educates stakeholders (e.g., system limitations, systems capabilities, etc.) to increase users’ knowledge of systems functionality.
- Communicates with stakeholders to provide system updates and changes.
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
- Identifies, gathers, and writes business requirements to provide clarity on the business rules and processes.
- Creates functional designs (i.e., processes and requirements) to gain feedback,
- Gathers data and creates test scripts to complete systems setup.
- Performs user acceptance testing to ensure the functionality of the systems meet the business rules.
- Implements project deliverables to ensure smooth deployment.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of company policies and procedures in a business area that affect employees on a day-to-day basis.
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; works with others to identify technological barriers to achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment
- Uses existing career development process and tools with some assistance to monitor employee development; provides feedback to employees and peers on job skills and personal behavior; identifies employees’ areas of strength and developmental needs; recommends training opportunities for others with some guidance; assists in providing developmental suggestions to employees that align with their goals.
- Distinguishes between “big picture” comments and specialized, smaller facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences with assistance (specifics include who, what, where, when, why, and how); explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; works with others to ensure that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of various sources of information or data that are relevant to a problem and possible strategies for integrating this information; any work performed requiring integrating or summarizing data is closely supervised
- Bachelor's Degree -Preferred Accounting and Finance
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Authorized to Work in the U.S.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 16 months ago
Head of Collections Management
Monterey Institute of International Studies
Monterey Institute of International Studies
- 30+ days ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...