The F& B Manager at Custom Hotel will assist in management, budget, and operation of the foodservice outlet, catering services, bar, and kitchen. Maintains liaison with Sales department to ensure maximum profitability.
1. Banquet and Catering Background required.
2. Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently.
3. Previous hotel-related experience.
4. Progressive management experience in F&B operations.
5. Minimum of one year’s supervisory experience.
6. Ability to understand and implement cost controls.
7. Ability to use a computer.
8. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
9. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. Bachelors Degree.
2. Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management.
3. Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
4. Previous experience as a bartender or server.
5 . Previous experience with POS system – preferably Aloha.
Essential Job Functions:
· Coordinates all booked activities, i.e., catering, banquets, and convention where food and beverage services are required or affected.
· Oversees & assists in the training and development of F&B Management and Line Staff.
· Oversees development of menu, prices, beverage lists and prices, and is responsible for the selection of condiments, linens, uniforms, and decor used within the property's facility.
· Develops accurate and aggressive long and short range financial objectives for the F&B Department
consistent with property objectives.
· Establishes and maintains effective internal controls within the department.
· Responsible for maintaining budgeted financial goals to ensure maximum profitability.
· Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
· Maintains liaison with the sales and catering manager in order to facilitate the proper handling of
convention and banquet obligations.
· Maintains existing programs and develops new concepts which ensure the highest possible quality of food
and beverage service.
· Maximizes sales potential through internal and external marketing of the property's Food and Beverage outlets.
· Recommends equipment to be used and is responsible for the proper selection of all food and beverage products.
· Oversees the standardization of portions used and is responsible for the controlling of food, beverage, and labor costs.
Secondary Job Functions:
· Schedule departmental meetings.
· Schedule and assist with month-end inventories.
· Return business telephone calls and answer correspondence.
· Attend all required meetings
*Salary requirements based on experience
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...