Organize, document, and finalize ‘as built’ prints for all facilities. Solicit bids, estimate, and track expenditures to budget. Ensure all land and building zoning stipulations are documented, communicated, and maintained.
An employee in this position must be able to perform the essential job functions listed below with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company will make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability to enable the qualified individual to perform essential job functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop and maintain a master file system of building and land blue prints, and ‘as built’ prints for all Padnos facilities.
- Track and communicate all zoning and environmental stipulations.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other construction documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for bidding construction projects, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, and processes.
- Research and evaluate subcontractors based on price, quality, selection, service, support, etc. Solicit bid proposals. Analyze price proposals and other data to determine price structure.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals.
- Maintain proposal status information for outstanding quotations and proposals.
- Communicate with management key metrics for project cost, time and related information on current construction projects.
- Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Construction Management strongly preferred
- 1-3 years related experience in estimating or construction project support
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to read blue prints
- Good computer skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal channels
- Ability to negotiate with vendors for best price and service
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position extended periods of time and be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer and must have the ability to use hands to handle, control or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with team members and must be able to effectively communicate correct information with vendors.
- Read/comprehend, write, communicate orally, reasoning and analytical abilities, and mental flexibility.
- Occasionally will move objects up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally climb stairs, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach above shoulder to access materials and/or documentation.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to compare and distinguish accounting and administrative data.
- Hearing ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Position may involve extended work hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel 10% of the time. Maintain a valid Driver’s License.