Title Facilities Specialist
Job Description Work Group : Structure Load / Engineering Work Orders
Classification : Regular Full Time
Location: St Paul
Typical Work Hours : Varying shifts and hours including possible overtime (voluntary/mandatory), weekends and holidays
· Responsible for day-to-day support functions within CIA Service Delivery Structure Load network inventory center. Support functions entail building and maintaining copper and fiber inventory across a cross-section of CenturyLink's service areas.
· Maintains inventory databases for outside plant facilities.
· Read and interpret job prints to build plant inventory into LFACS, SWITCH, EMS, CMS, View 1 and NCON.
· Works with copper, fiber and integrated electronic loop inventory for simple and complex provisioning inventory as based in LFACS and other inventory systems.
· Builds and coordinates cable cuts and transfers with other departments to assist in meeting established service dates and prepares revisions when necessary.
· Builds new equipment into LFACS such as pair gain systems, SWITCH, View 1 and NCON.
· Works closely with outside technicians and engineers during plant construction verifying accuracy of assignments.
· Acts as subject matter expert on any issues involving facilities and their proper registration within databases.
· Updates multiple databases such as LFACS, RTT, SWITCH, JDS, NCON, View 1, EMS, CMS, and NextLevel with fiber inventory and/or copper cable, pair and terminal information upon completion of work orders.
· Handle inquiries regarding completion dates and job progress with other departments.
· Partners with Field Operations, Network Services Engineering and Construction, and other Operations teams to resolve complex or multifaceted service/network issues via collaboration in person, email, or phone.
· Primarily performs work duties sitting at a workstation utilizing a computer and telephone for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under strict deadlines.
· Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed, metrics based work environment.
· Working knowledge of computer software systems, utilizing multiple window screens, e-mail and web based applications.
· Working knowledge of MS Office (or similar applications).
· Broad knowledge/understanding of how provisioning and repair systems work/flow together from beginning to end.
· Must have strong communications skills such as probing, asking detailed questions to understand and problem solve to reach resolution.
· Ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers.
· Experience with problem solving and utilizing analytical skills to review, correct and resolve record discrepancies.
· May work closely with team members and supervisors or work independently with little supervision as required by the needs of the business.
· At least six (6) months experience in the last 4 years working in CenturyLink systems such as LFACS, Next Level, NCON, SWITCH (database), Service Delivery, LMOS, TAG, WEB SOP/various SOPs, TIRKS, EMS, CMS, SAP, WFA/DO and JDS.
· At least six (6) months experience in the last 4 years interpreting/reading engineering or construction job prints and engineering equipment orders or schematics.
· Previous experience as a Facility Specialist, Engineer, or Network Technician.
· Familiar with fiber and copper network transport and outside plant equipment types
· Experience working with cable cuts and transfers
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard