The University of Florida College of Dentistry Department of Restorative Dental Sciences is seeking an Operative Dentistry Division Director. The ideal candidate will be:
Job description for Operative Dentistry Division Director:
- Current College of Dentistry faculty member;
- Committed to and experienced in the realities of international engagement, particularly with respect to student learning and learning outcomes, both at the undergraduate and the graduate level;
- Future-oriented and willing to devote energy to thinking about what we want to achieve;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and administrative skills;
- A sincere interest in the internationalization agenda and passion for setting achievable goals for the college; and
- Committed to the college’s strategic goals.
Only current University of Florida College of Dentistry faculty are eligible to apply.
- Work in close consultation with the Department Chair;
- Provide leadership to the division faculty and perform any of the duties related to the curriculum as assigned by the chair;
- Communications received from other departments or committees requesting your assistance, are to be approved in advance by the chair;
- Oversee all aspects of the DMD curriculum in Operative Dentistry;
- Facilitate the professional development opportunities for the faculty in the division;
- Oversee all preclinical and clinical courses, update and revise course syllabi, scheduling, course content, grade forms, sequencing and lab fees (would work with the Office of Education in these first two duties);
- Oversee the Aesthe-Tech clinic including any training of students and faculty, managing supplies and communicating with manufacturers of equipment;
- Work with staff to monitor student performance in the clinics and design remedial activities for clinical students;
- Consult with and support the activities of the mock board coordinator including the arrangement of grading of the Operative portion of the mock board;
- Arrange and oversee the calibration of faculty for grading purposes;
- Coordinate peer evaluation of faculty; and
- Work with TEAM leaders in the selection of new operative materials and methods into the TEAMs clinics.
Must be current University of Florida College of Dentistry faculty.
Health Assessment Required