With minimal supervision, persons employed in this position are responsible for, but not limited to, design and manufacturing related functions required by key SBU account customers, working synergistically with sales and manufacturing to achieve all customer design targets and goals.
- Regularly attend customer design review meetings and provide technical design support for SBU solutions.
- Utilize all product offerings, providing insightful and detailed design solutions.
- Present design solutions to customer team, utilizing solid model design techniques during presentation.
- Drive prototype, tool build, and initial production build to meet customer timelines.
- Originate and release final production documentation, detailed with critical dimensions and tolerances required for a functional part, but also taking into account manufacturing restrictions.
- Manage and direct a product development design team consisting of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development requirements.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
- Responsible for working with OEM engineers, Manufacturer''s Representatives, Distribution Partners and Territory Sales Managers to implement Laird Technologies provided solutions for existing, qualifying new and next generation and cost reduction programs.
- Keep work skills current to insure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require extensive travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with solid-modeling software, preferable Pro/Engineering.
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis process, preferably with a history of analyzing boundary conditions and results.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate skill in Microsoft Project.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field.
- Must have speciality in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience with Solidworks or ProEngineer MCAD design.
- Experience/knowledge in manufacturing processes preferred.
- More than 5 years experience in a similar position.
- 3-5 years experience with sheet metal manufacturing and design.
- 3-5 years experience with thermal management and implementation of thermal solutions.
- 5+ years design experience.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.