Lead cross functional teams in failure analysis activities across product lines. Provide detailed root cause analysis for: design, manufacturing, and field failures with the generation of reports/presentations to record/summarize the investigation for communication across the organization. Analysis will be focused on (but not limited to) Military, Aerospace, Industrial, and Defense grade electronics.
- Lead Lab Technicians, Manufacturing, & Engineering in the failure analysis of products in various manufacturing or development stages to root cause analysis, generate organizational lessons learned from completed failure analyses, and record information into a central failure analysis database.
- Collaborate with customers or suppliers while conducting failure analysis on either product manufacturing or development test issues, manufacturing floor failures and field returns to determine root cause and facilitate improvements in: design, supplier, or internal manufacturing processes.
- Lead the design and fixturing of test equipment necessary to troubleshoot failure modes and demonstrate causes of identified failure.
- Establish failure analysis metrics for suppliers and customers both internal and external.
- Travel up to 30% may be necessary.
- Comply with the site ISO 17025 quality system.
- Attend IPC, NASA, and ANSI ESD 20.20 training/certification.
1. Minimum of 5 years experience with a Bachelor's of Science degree or 3 years experience with a Master?s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology, or Materials Science.
2. Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable failure analysis experience.
3. Military, Aerospace, Industrial, or Defense Electronics Device Experience is preferred.
4. Materials testing, compositional analysis of materials, and the corresponding preparatory techniques. These may include: Cross Sectioning, Chemical Decapsulation, CSAM, SEM/EDX, XRF, FTIR, TGA and/or other applicable industrial analytical techniques for electronic device materials.
5. Electrical testing, characterization of devices, and the corresponding fixture designs, and electrical testing techniques. These may include skills in: Visual Basic, Lab View, and Discrete Semiconductor Testing
6. Experience with environmental reliability testing of high reliability electronic devices.
7. Demonstrated capabilities in conducting and facilitating failure analysis investigations including familiarity with basic structured failure analysis techniques.
- Mechanical Aptitude and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Cross-functionally an effective team player.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and written communication skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and exert influence without alienating others.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis/software experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
It is the policy of BEStstaff, Inc. not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Positively changing lives through Trust, Care and Commitment based staffing.
Net Temps - 17 months ago