Your Team : Purchasing
The Purchasing team is responsible for the procurement of and contracts for all goods and services related to USAC operations. We deal with a variety of cross-business disciplines to analyze and recommend purchasing opportunities including, but not limited to, decisions on construction, healthcare, IT technology, consultants, office supplies, professional development and more. As such, the entire team is constantly gaining knowledge and becoming experts in all major aspects of purchasing. We’re looking for detail-oriented, adaptable and articulate individuals to join our fast-paced, multi-disciplinary work environment.
Your Role: FAR Contract Specialist
You will serve as the company’s Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subject matter expert (SME) for a mid-size organization administering a complex federal program. You will support the end-to-end procurement and contract process. Procurements will include, but are not limited to, complex information technology systems and applications, large-scale operational support services, and multi-contractor auditing programs.
- Serving as the FAR acquisition SME for all large-scale, strategic procurements, advising on FAR compliance requirements for initiatives such as APs, SSPs, SOWs, RFPs, determinations and findings, open and competitive procurements, proposal evaluations and award recommendations, documentation, and post-award support
- Assisting in the development and implementation of acquisition policies, programs, and procedures that enhance FAR compliance, provide operational efficiencies and promote cost effectiveness where possible
- Participating in contract negotiations, including coordination with USAC’s legal team and functional business organizations, contract coordination and administration, application of the FAR to USAC’s procurements, and alignment with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as required
- Planning a comprehensive negotiation strategy and coordinating it with other technical experts, to then lead negotiations conducted with vendors to develop the contract price and terms
- Developing potential sources of supply to ensure competitive procurement process, with an emphasis on small and/or disadvantaged businesses
- Analyzing and reviewing all phases of the acquisition program to provide continuous improvement
- Other duties, as assigned
The following skills are desired:
- You have 6 or more years of experience working with the Federal Acquisition Regulation
- You have 6 to 8 years in contracting and procurement, where you completed duties similar to those above
- You are a master of Microsoft Office, and can easily and competently use all programs to create deliverables
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or university (preferably in Business, Management, Finance, Procurement, or Contracting)
- You possess a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) certification or equivalent certification/experience
- You can leverage integrated financial applications that include a purchasing module (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics GP, SAP, CGI Momentum) at an intermediate competency level
If interested, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume .
- You can easily conduct cost/benefit analyses
- You previously developed performance-based contracting experience
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation designated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as the administrator of the federal universal service fund (USF). USAC collects universal service contributions from telecommunications carriers and administer universal service support mechanisms (programs) designed to help communities across the country secure access to affordable telecommunications services. Through administration of these programs, USAC provides support for high cost companies in rural areas, low-income consumers, rural health care providers, and schools and libraries.
USAC and its dedicated professional staff have expertise in all areas of administering federal universal service programs. As the administrator, USAC operates with a strong commitment to protecting the integrity of the fund and helping ensure affordable access to telecommunications services for communities across the country. This shared sense of purpose shapes a professional and diverse environment that encourages employees to grow and learn throughout their USAC careers. USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, and balance between the demands of work and life. Our open-door policy promotes teamwork and collaboration. We invite you to apply and learn more about joining our team.
Monster - 12 months ago
The Universal Service Administration Company (USAC) is a private, not-for-profit corporation that is responsible for telecommunications serv...