The Department of Family and Community Medicine (FCM) at San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) is recruiting for the position of Residency Program Manager for the UCSF/SFGH Family and Community Medicine Residency Program (FCMRP). This position reports to the Residency Program Director (physician) and to the FCM-SFGH Department Manager.
Based at SFGH, FCMRP is a three-year residency training program designed to prepare physicians as leaders in caring for underserved communities. The program is in the process of expanding from 13 residents per year to 15 per year; expansion will be complete in the 2013-14 academic years with a total cohort of 45 residents. In addition, the program employs two full-time, non-ACGME-accredited fellows as Chief Residents.
The Residency Program Manager will be responsible for a broad range of assigned administrative and analytic responsibilities in support of the FCMRP requiring independent coordination and collaboration, including:
• Resident Selection-managing program accounts with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) annually; timely collection and review of applications; scheduling of interviews for approximately 130 candidates with FCM faculty and residents; organizing and supervising interview days; and arranging the final selection process
• Resident Appointments and Payroll-annual appointment of new and continuing residents and chief residents, including data administration and submission of required documentation to UCSF Graduate Medical Education (GME), UCSF Payroll, SFGH and City and County of San Francisco (CCSF), Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), the American Academy of Family Medicine (AAFP), and the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM)
• Program Evaluation-scheduling and oversight of program, faculty, and resident evaluations and duty hour and procedure tracking using E*Value
• Program Accreditation-monitoring compliance with and reporting to GME, ACGME, AAFP, and ABFM, including maintenance of affiliation agreements and program letters of agreement for all training sites
• Program Finance-assisting the Program Director, Department Manager, and Financial Analyst in preparation of budgets, grant applications, and cost projections; oversight of resident and chief resident payroll and benefits
• Program Administration-assisting the Program Director, Associate Directors, Scheduling Manager, Chief Residents, and residents in all aspects of program administration, including rotation, seminar, and clinic scheduling
BA/BS; minimum of two years of relevant administrative operations and analysis experience in an academic setting; proficient at Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint; working knowledge of Publisher, Drupal, Wiki; well-organized, demonstrated ability to manage multiple ingoing projects; demonstrated ability to work independently and also effectively as part of a ream; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a timely an accurate manner with excellent attention to detail; ability to analyze and present in written and verbal formats as needed responses to complex and non-routine issues requiring innovative programmatic solutions; experience with appointment/HR paperwork and systems; ability to operate effectively in a changing organizational and technological environment . Physical demands: sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, lifting/carrying/pushing up to 20 lbs., simple grasp, repetitive hand/arm use.
Note: Physical/health screening, fingerprinting and background check required.
Working knowledge of ACGME and ABFP; knowledge of UCSF payroll and resident processes and systems or comparable academic system; experience in developing and managing program level budgets; trained in OLPPS; trained in E*Value and E*GME; notary, or willingness to obtain notary commission.
University of California San Francisco - 19 months ago
FCM Administrative Assistant
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
University of California San Francisco
- 30+ days ago