**PA Consulting Group is looking for high potential consultants to join our growing team. If you are interested in a career at PA Consulting with our US strategy analysis team and your skills fit the profile below, please apply now to be considered for any future roles in this area.**
As a member of PA’s Defense and Energy Strategy Analysis team, you’ll have opportunities to contribute immediately and progress rapidly as part of a sharp, high-energy team working to help clients solve important strategic problems. We work with leaders of both public sector and corporate clients to tackle some of their most complex challenges, using rigorous analysis methods to identify areas of leverage and opportunity, highlight and understand key risks, and prioritize actions. Clients retain and refer us based on both analytical excellence (we apply a range of quantitative methods including System Dynamics) and our ability to provide actionable insight and recommendations.
Candidates should be passionate about helping our clients tackle tough and unstructured challenges and be willing to stretch themselves on multiple fronts. You should expect to work on a wide range of projects over time, contributing across a spectrum from issue identification to action. This will include research to identify and understand emerging strategic issues, designing, running and validating quantitative analyses, synthesizing our recommendations, clearly and persuasively explaining findings to clients, and helping them find ways to put these insights into practice. We work on a range of strategic issues in the Defense and Energy sectors, with some work in Healthcare and other sectors. Typical examples of our work include challenges such as:
• Department of Defense decision-makers facing complex challenges involving regional stability and humanitarian relief efforts;
• Leaders of the world’s largest and most complex development programs – new military and commercial aircraft, ships, energy project portfolios, and major infrastructure projects.
• Energy industry executives looking to assess common and non-standard risks, and prioritize efforts to develop alternate energy sources;
• Global Pharmaceutical firms assessing markets for new drugs and government clients facing crippling healthcare costs;
• Executives of commercial organizations looking to analyze their corporate strategy and prioritize growth opportunities while minimizing risks
• Bachelors degree for entry level candidates; MBA or advanced degree for experienced candidates
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We will not sponsor visas for this position.
Academic Credentials and Experience: Entry level candidates typically have a bachelor’s degree demonstrating superior performance in a demanding academic program, preferably in a technical or analytical business or policy program. More experienced hires typically have a few years of work experience and often have an MBA or advanced degree in an analytically-focused technical, business, or policy program. Work experience and education level determine the level at which candidates enter, though progression is based solely on capability and performance, and rapid advancement is possible for outstanding performers.
Additional Qualities: We are looking for talented people who have demonstrated exceptionally high levels of accomplishment and outstanding analytical abilities through academic and/or professional work. Individuals should combine:
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to work well with clients and colleagues;
• Big picture thinking with the discipline, energy, and confidence to get things done;
• Ambition and self-motivation with the desire to contribute to a positive team environment and the long-term performance of PA and our clients.
Locations: Arlington, VA or Cambridge, MA
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, IT and technology consulting firm. Independent, award winning and employee-owned, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organizations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s and our clients’ success, and regardless of their sex, race, disability, medical condition, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
PA Consulting Group - 23 months ago