Perform FEA and advanced stress analyses on transmission components, sub-systems, systems, integration and installation Product responsibilities are transmission design analysis and powertrain integration/installation analysis.
Primary duties include supporting product design, development, product performance improvement, design robustness and reducing reliance on physical testing.
1. Perform FEA and advanced stress analyses on transmission components and assemblies: shafts, splines, housings, housing assemblies, and clutch assemblies.
2. Perform powertrain integration and installation analyses.
3. Use analysis to impact transmission design and development.
4. Perform design trade-offs and optimization.
5. Perform failure analysis of hardware.
6. Provide analytical engineering consultation.
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
1. Experience in performing FEA and advanced stress analyses required.
2. Experience in FEA software NX and ABAQUS required.
3. Extensive knowledge and understanding in material strength required.
4. Experience in material processes including heat treatment required.
5. Experience in stress and fatigue life analysis technology required.
6. Experience in failure analysis technology required.
7. Experience in Transmission Design and Powertrain Integration required.
8. Experience in other common analysis software (AMESim, LMS Virtual.Lab, LMS Test.Lab, MATLAB/Simulink, ANSYS) required.
9. Excellence in written and spoken English required.
10. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) required.
11. Planning and organizational skills required.
MS degree in Mechanical Engineering