FEMA Public Assistance Project Manager (Job Number: 318474)
The BDR Division of SAIC is one of the nation’s premier providers of hazard mitigation, emergency preparedness, and response and recovery services. SAIC is dedicated to helping our clients plan for, respond to, and recover from natural and human-caused disasters. With a staff of emergency management planning, disaster response and recovery, and grant management experts throughout the country.
The BDR division of SAIC is currently seeking FEMA Public Assistance Project Managers for contracts located in New Jersey and Massachusetts. This is an advanced level position requiring a bachelors or advanced degree in finance, accounting, or business administration or demonstrated equivalent. Duties include serving as a subject matter expert and consultant to SAIC clients before and during implementation of the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) program. Candidate needs to be able to make independent decisions regarding grant guidance; must be able to understand and interpret the federal grant eligibility; perform business related research to support client needs; and have strong financial management experience. Candidate should work with the team in the analysis, formulation, development and delivery of material and results. Candidates will be expected to perform unusually complex assignments requiring independent decisions and resolve problems using sophisticated techniques and an exceptional degree of ingenuity.
The FEMA Public Assistance Project Manager is also expected to develop and coordinates new business opportunities in the marketplace at the direction of and in coordination with the business development team through continuous professional contact with existing and/or new clients and determine and/or assists in determining client long-range needs for post-disaster services.
The FEMA Public Assistance Project Manager should have 6+ years of FEMA-PA specific professional experience, and posses the ability to apply a highly detailed knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments. This individual usually works with no supervision and is assigned specific work by their SAIC Manager. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Individuals in this position are expected to maintain a professional demeanor, work independently with minimal supervision, have strong analytical skills, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively interact with individuals from various cultures and backgrounds, possess professional proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically strong Excel skills) and the ability to learn project-specific computer systems as needed.
Potential List of Duties Include:
• Maintains knowledge of grant programs in order to interact with clients, federal agency representatives, peers and senior management
• Works on diverse tasks, analyzes data and exercises independent judgment when creating recommendations regarding FEMA PA Project Worksheets for category A-G disaster-related activities
• Serves as primary point of contact for projects that cover a broad range of consulting services, including strategy development, program planning, auditing and evaluation agency management coaching, policy and regulation development
• Provides on-site leadership when necessary, in absence of Principal in Charge
• Manages relationships with customers, partners, and staff
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing to represent the PA program to officials at the federal, state, and local levels, private organizations, and the public
• Analyzes and resolves any unique project related events
• Assesses client situations; identifies and interprets federal regulations and uses knowledge and experience to determine method of project implementation
• Participate in marketing and proposal development efforts
• Support business development lifecycle from lead identification to win, including identifying and pursuing new opportunities as the business development lead and assisting in the capture with win strategy development, teaming, and proposal efforts
• Assists or leads in the facilitation of discussions and meetings management
• Responds quickly to managers, supporting the implementation of projects and organizational efforts to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of high quality products
• Works with the Senior Project Manager to coordinate the efforts of all individuals or subcontractors involved and may provide guidance and training to team members
• Creates staffing plan to meet identified needs for subject matter expertise
• Plans, implements and maintains project structure by communicating with peers and providing guidance and mentoring to other project personnel
• Serves as a subject matter expert in the development of the deliverables
• Develops, implements and monitors projects scope, methodology, timelines, deliverables and budgets, providing agency with regular status updates.
• Ensures project milestones are achieved
• Design and ensure accurate project work records are maintained and accessible to meet client needs and auditory requirements
• Must be available for short-term travel to support on-site client needs and extended deployment (e.g., 90+ days) to address client response and long-term recovery needs following emergencies and major disasters
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years of related work experience with working knowledge of federal grant programs, specifically FEMA Public Assistance, including related statutes, regulations, policies and processes
• Experience in Managing Projects : Prior Project experience required, at least 5+ years experience working on projects or programs, with at least 2 years of successful task lead experience.
•Knowledge and demonstrated experience with Public Assistance eligibility, laws, Federal regulations and policies governing Public Assistance programs
• Knowledge of and demonstrated field experience with public assistance programs to act as program manager and interface with program personnel
• Field experience at the state and/or local level as a program manager
• Working knowledge of federal government procurement standards and state and local requirements
• Must be an effective manager, able to both work with and command a team as well as work independently
• Effective written and oral communications skills
• Possesses facilitation and management skills
• Comfortable interacting with clients and serving in a business development role
• Flexible style, able to immediately adapt to changing priorities
• Previous experience in consultative organizations and in project management
• Strong computer skills, knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; and the ability to learn new products as needed
• Knowledge of database modeling and design, and development of protocols, processes, and procedures for developing databases and reports
• Bachelors or advanced degree (preferred) in finance, accounting, or business administration.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 7, 2013, 9:15:27 AM
Primary Location: United States-NJ-RED BANK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations : United States-MA-FRAMINGHAM
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...