The mission of The Children's Aid Society (CAS) is to help children in poverty to succeed and thrive. Since our founding in 1853, we have been at the forefront of developing innovative and effective programs and comprehensive supports to children and their families in targeted high-needs New York City neighborhoods. Each year, The Children's Aid Society touches the lives of more than 70,000 children and families in more than 40 locations. With an annual budget of more than $110 million and 1,000 full-time staff, the Children's Aid Society is one of the largest social service providers in the US.
The Children’s Aid Society is seeking qualified social service professionals to fill the Case Manager position in our Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Intensive Family Preventive Services in Staten Island. This program provides home based short term, intensive, treatment for at-risk teens and their families.
FFT is a clinical, evidence-based intensive family treatment model of a 3-5-month duration that focuses on the multiple domains of client experiences (cognitive, emotional and behavioral) and their impact on the relationship between the adolescent and the family. It is comprised of three distinct phases of service delivery, thereby allowing the therapist to maintain fidelity to the model by focusing on the relational context of the family disruption. FFT is exclusively home-based and works primarily with the family unit. This model serves adolescents between the ages of 11 and 18 and their families by targeting the factors in the family interactions/relationships that are contributing to the negative behaviors.
• Assist families who receive clinical services from FFT staff in getting concrete services and supports.
• See and assess younger children in families.
• Home visits and other field work such as school visits.
• Perform the basic accountability tasks related to the job which include compiling and maintaining all necessary records.
• Perform other duties as needed
• BSW preferred, but BA or BS in any social or human services field acceptable
• 2 years’ experience in social work field.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
• Ability to engage difficult families.
• Ability to work with adolescents.
• Knowledge of public benefits and community resources in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island
• Flexibility in accommodating family’s schedules.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work with respect for cultural diversity.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
This position is located at our Goodhue Location in Staten Island
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer
Hours per Week:
Full or Part Time:
Salary or Hourly:
Goodhue- Staten Island
The Children's Aid Society - 17 months ago