Selected candidate will be responsible for managing and resolving a portfolio of delinquent, FHA-insured residential loans.
- Communicate with borrowers to determine hardships, resources, and intentions for FHA-insured properties. Maintain communication on an on-going basis per department standards via inbound/outbound calls.
- Request and analyze financial documents to determine borrower eligibility for multiple FHA-approved workout options.
- Familiar with FHA servicing of nonperforming loans and application of FHA’s loss mitigation waterfall.
- Identify solutions to mitigate losses based on borrower eligibility, property value, regulatory requirements, and FHA guidelines within appropriate time frames.
- Determine property occupancy and secure collateral. Document and respond to all property inspection results. Order and follow up on missing or old property values.
- Prepare pending foreclosure bids, when needed, in a timely manner based on upcoming sale dates.
- Receive and handle incoming calls on the company’s ACD phone line.
- Stay current on changing FHA regulatory and portfolio requirements.
- Special projects may be assigned by management.
- FHA Servicing Experience including dealing with FHA’s Loss Mitigation Home Retention Options, FHA Pre Foreclosure Sale Program (PFS) and the FHA Deed-in-Lieu Program.
- Prior FHA Servicing Experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior loss mitigation Experience.
- Good computer skills (knowledge of MS Word and Excel).
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to handle themselves in a public environment.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new tasks.
- Basic mathematics knowledge and ability to work comfortably with numbers.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast paced environment to handle a large volume of loans.
- Strong excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. However additional years of experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- 2 or more years of FHA Loss Mitigation/Servicing experience.