The Mortgage Underwriter has a responsibility to evaluate, assess, and render prudent decisions based on expertise and sound judgment.
This is a remote position that may be worked from any location in the United States.
- Examine loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae underwriting and selling guidelines
- Analyze the risk of a loan transaction and provide justification and compensating factors to support loan decision.
- Utilize expertise and underwriting knowledge to render sound, common sense decisions based on analysis of loan parameters and documentation.
- Sign and execute all documentation necessary to complete the underwriting of a loan file to forward to the closing department.
- Communicate with management to advise of any issues.
- Maintain excellent customer service skills constantly attempting to enhance the customer service experience with all internal and external customers
- Must be able to handle a large volume of loans, stay highly organized and focused. Approaches change positively and supports organizational and team goals
- High School Diploma
- Minimum five years of manual/traditional underwriting experience
- Minimum five years experience underwriting FHA, VA and Conventional Loans
- DE Certification required with LAPP/SAR highly preferred
- Able to work in a team environment but also independently
Artemis - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard