Our client, a leading and reputable mortgage company, is hiring a DE Underwriter for their corporate location. The underwriter will have the ability to work remotely from home, however, must reside within a 2-3 hour commute of the greater St. Louis market.
- Named top 5 workplaces in 2012
- Named top 5 fastest growing privately held company in the past 3 years
- Named top 500 financial companies in 2011
- Offers very generous base salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
St. Louis, MO (or Remotely within 2 hour drive of St. Louis, MO.)
- The Mortgage Underwriter has a responsibility to evaluate, assess, and render prudent decisions based on expertise and sound judgment.
- Examine loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae underwriting and selling guidelines
- Analyze the risk of a loan transaction and provide justification and compensating factors to support loan decision.
- Utilize expertise and underwriting knowledge to render sound, common sense decisions based on analysis of loan parameters and documentation.
- Sign and execute all documentation necessary to complete the underwriting of a loan file to forward to the closing department.
- Communicate with management to advise of any issues.
- Maintain excellent customer service skills constantly attempting to enhance the customer service experience with all internal and external customers
- Must be able to handle a large volume of loans, stay highly organized and focused. Approaches change positively and supports organizational and team goals
- High School Diploma
- Minimum five years of manual/traditional underwriting experience
- Minimum five years experience underwriting FHA, VA and Conventional Loans
- DE Certification required with LAPP/SAR highly preferred
- Able to work in a team environment but also independently