Operational Responsibilities (30%)
- Responsible for all aspects of insurance premium for FID. This includes both the master policy and certificate areas for FID.
- Business owner for FID for all policy administration systems including Xycor, Stone Eagle, and IC.
- The manager will work with the respective teams to ensure they are following all policies and procedures for the company’s legal / compliance / audit guidelines as well as support audit / risk management testing efforts.
- The manager will guide the supervisors in developing and implementing solutions / improvements. The manager will provide the staff with technical expertise regarding questions, issues, or projects.
- The manager will be responsible for all aspects of performance management over the Premium Processing Supervisor, senior processor, CMD Supervisor, and XYCor business analysts
- Manage the CMD Supervisor and CMD activities as the temporary rate verification process for non XYCor agents.
- Provide input to cost / benefit analysis on projects relating to the Xycor system
- Provide direction to CMD staff
- Acts as liaison between business and technical areas by attending meetings, answering questions and resolving issues; Provide interdepartmental support and collaboration to achieve company goals and objectives
- Responsible for the management & maintenance of all FID operational control activities and testing for Audit & Risk Mgmt
Personnel Management (30%)
- Hold regular staff meetings, Keep staff updated on company progress, department issues and new developments, keep management updated on things going on in areas of responsibility
- Establish Departmental/individual goals and ensure team is meeting these goals
- Supervisors and Support Staff Development and Recruiting
- Identifying, securing and developing the appropriate technical and non-technical training tools and courses that equip departmental supervisory and support staff personnel with the skills necessary to perform their jobs effectively and ensure effective daily operations
General Management (40%)
External Relationship Building – Coordinate with Sales & CPSU to establish/foster ‘partnership’ relationships between American Modern and our field sales, agencies, Ameritrac, and customers.
- Prepare and deliver executive level summaries and presentations to Senior Management in the FID business area.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with other areas of FID to strengthen the effectiveness of FID’s business relations with clients
- Resolve client satisfaction situations aggressively
- Excellent Communication Skills, verbal and written
- 3 years insurance experience, required
- 5 years supervisory experience, required
- Ability to manage to multiple levels of the organization
- Problem Solving, diagnostic and analytical
- Knowledge of insurance applications and core business functions as well as the financial institutions insurance marketplace is preferred
- Ability to produce procedural, process, and testing documentation to support the process design, configuration, and testing processes
- Foundational understanding of internal controls
- IT systems understanding is preferred
Proficient with MS Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Bachelors degree required or relevant management / supervisory experience
- Insurance coursework preferred