FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Installs, repairs and modifies Woodward control systems (hardware and software) at the customer's location. This is an entry level engineering positionwith regular support or supervision. This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor, Field Service Supervisor, Customer Service supervisor, Engineering Manager or Manager Aftermarket Sales and Service.
- Prepares for a trip by studying drawings, schematics, manuals and other pertinent information to determine the best solution and proper tools for system set up or problem resolution.
- Consults with customers, field service dispatchers/supervisors and mentors to define the scope of work for projects.
- Performs and may oversee the installation or replacement of equipment and control software.
- Repairs, replaces or modifies equipment utilizing the knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical systems, along with using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Uses Woodward hardware and software to analyze malfunctions, configure systems and tune/adjust dynamics.
- Instructs customers in operating and servicing Woodward equipment and associated scope of supply.
- Consults with engineering to resolve problems in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Prepares service/warranty reports and other relevant job-related paperwork for customers and internal distribution in a timely manner.
- Escalate product improvement opportunities and customer feedback to engineering and management.
- Ensure that open items remaining after returning from job site are properly communicated or handed-over to the appropriate parties.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Works with field service dispatchers/supervisors to define timeline and travel logistics.
- Periodically performs corrective and preventative maintenance of installed equipment.
- While in the office between field service assignments, the engineer will:
- Assist engineers with projects
- Perform Product testing
- Attend project Kick Off and lessons learned meetings with engineering, sales and customers
- Industrial and isolated locations, offshore installations, exposure to heights.
- The job mainly requires hands-on activities at customer locations, which may lead to exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust, extreme temperatures, heights, and other hazardous conditions.
- Requires manual handling of components in excess of 100 lb.
- Requires high level of dexterity and ability to work in confined spaces
- Requires ability to climb vertically up to 300 ft. and work at heights
- Requires positional tolerance (sitting, standing, walking)
- Requires 60-80% travel, both domestic and international
- Requires ability to travel on short notice and for extended periods of time while manually handling tool box with equipment weighing 84 pounds.
quires tolerance for irregular work hours and extra hours as required
Education or Formal Training:
- Basic understanding of Woodward products and applications.
- Ability to work with personal computers and basic software applications.
- Ability to understand and apply basic system concepts.
- Able to meet customer needs under minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge in specialized technical field or product family or wide spectrum of general knowledge.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Basic English verbal and written communication skills (some reports, procedures, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Basic skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Ability tocommunicate with different cultures.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and professionalism.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or an Associate Degree in a technical field with additional relevant experience required.
Field Service Engineering
- Entry level Bachelor Degree.
- Associates Degree requires a minimum of 2 years experience in arelevant field.
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO - USA. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
1st Shift / Day Job