The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial world platforms and JLG SkyTrak and Lull telehandlers. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle transportation.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN AFGHANISTAN
The Field Service Representative will be directly responsible for administering the Technical and Warranty Service Support for all Government customers and programs. He or she will conduct training as required in the region of responsibility. Military air trasnportation only. No ground travel is authorized. Home base will be Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES including the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Principal Liaison for JLG Industries, Inc. and vendors to the Army concerning Atlas II program.
- Provide technical advice and assistance the Army customers in the region.
- Perform warranty repairs including removal and installation of warranty parts.
- Coordinate out of warranty maintenance repairs with JLG Industries, Inc. and other vendors for Army customers.
- Coordinate directly with vendors to make on site repairs and if necessary arrange transportation to evacuate the vehicle to a suitable repair facility.
- Schedule frequent visits to Army customer locations within the area of responsibilities.
- Respond immediately to Army customer related warranty and service issues.
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems as required.
- Maintain selective parts inventory.
- Administer customers Basic and Enhanced Warranty Programs.
- Establish and maintain a credible rapport with Army customers to insure cooperation between JLG Industries, Inc., vendors, and the customers.
- Assist the Government Support trainer with training and when necessary assume training responsibilities in the area of responsibilities.
- Prepare bi-weekly activity reports
- Reconcile expenses weekly
High School Diploma or GED
Must have minimum of 5 years experience with operations, maintenance and repair of construction equipment.
Hydraulic and Electrical Technical School Graduate desired.
Must understand hydraulic and electrical schematics; troubleshoot electrical and hydraulic circuits; analyze failures and make repairs in the most expedient manner.
Must possess effective communications skills (verbal and written).
Must be a patient listener and understand customer complaints and needs.
Must be able to work with minimal supervision; schedule will require weekend and night work
Travel required - must be willing to travel internationally to deliver training and support of product.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license for the state in which the person resides.
Must have, or be able to qualify for a valid US Passport.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Oshkosh Corporation - 11 months ago
Oshkosh Truck Corporation is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of specialty access equipment, military, fire an...