This position is responsible for handling all associated field activities in a timely and safe manner; this includes verification of the meter for TWACS reads, installing, connecting, disconnecting, and removing single-phase, three-phase, and self-contained network KWh meters. The position is responsible for the timely submission of properly completed documentation. This position works a variety of varied and extended shifts.
Perform disconnect at the meter for non-payment, field collections and properly completed daily documentation.
Perform field meter verifications, installing, connecting, disconnecting and removing single-phase, three-phase, and self-contained network KWh meters and maintaining related records. Perform meter review and voltage checks. Perform safety checks and report tampering, theft or the removal of LCEC equipment for non-payment and maintain billing integrity.
Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters courteously and in a timely manner.
Must live within 45 minute commute of assigned work station upon completion of training or 90 days, whichever comes first.
Report any vehicle issues immediately to the LCEC Fleet Management Department, and submit monthly mileage logs to the immediate supervisor at the end of each month. Perform visual inspection of work vehicle each day and comply with all vehicle guidelines.
Comply with the State of Florida Motor Vehicle Laws, any local, county, or federal ordinances and LCEC Accident Prevention guidelines.
Comply with all NEC Safety guidelines and LCEC’s Safety Policy.
Respond to customer (internal/external) inquires in a timely fashion, as well as comply with all of Customer Care Operations’ procedures.
Be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Maintain a satisfactory attendance record in accordance with LCEC’s Attendance and Punctuality Policy.
Comply with LCEC’s Drug Free work place policy
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of competency based training for meter readers/collectors.
- One (1) year’ employment with a utility performing meter connects and disconnects.
- Current Florida Driver’s License must be in good standing.
- Six months’ experience performing collections or working with delinquent accounts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds or push up to 100 pounds.
2. Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
3. Must be able to get in and out of vehicle/truck multiple times daily.
4. Must be able to perform multiple meter installs or removals repeatedly within the same work shift timeframe.
5. Must be able to push or pull with force meters into meter socket repeatedly within the same work shift timeframe.
6. Must be able to walk over uneven or rough terrain.
1. Outside field work.
2. Travel by boat to outer islands.
LCEC - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard