Finance Manager, Mid-Continent Area - This position will be based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and will assist the Region Controller in the management and execution of financial reporting and planning strategies for assigned Area. Obtain and analyze financial information for forecasting and budgeting. Establish policies, processes and controls relating to financial reporting and planning, understanding and explaining market conditions, and operating trend analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate reporting and systems support for WFT US (Region) budget for U.S Services Areas, Districts, and supporting cost centers.
- Interacts with Region and Area Operations and Sales Management to determine appropriate business activities, responses and improvement to grow business activity and profits.
- D esigning, reviewing and modifying the accounting system processes and procedures to ensure accuracy of data and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review and summarize region accounting data, identifies and corrects errors, identifies and computes accruals, applies accounting principles to transactions and recommends revisions in regional accounting procedures.
- P repare comprehensive financial report for internal analysis, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and income statement.
- A nalyses, interprets, and communicates region financial operating results to management.
- P articipate in the annual independent audit, including preparing any records required by the auditors.
- Design, implement, monitor internal control systems.
- Prepare materials for operational performance and budget reviews.
- Coordinate preparation and distribution of monthly performance reports.
- Assist operational management in preparation of annual operating budget, CAPEX, and Headcount.
- Maintain reports for monthly reporting and analysis of variances. Ensure completion of reporting information in accordance with organizational deadlines.
- Prepare presentation materials for Region and Area management.
- Assist in the preparation of budget data.
- Conduct research of financial data and review accounting transactions.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Preferred Credentials and Experience :
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years related work experience
- Experience in a major general ledger accounting and reporting systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Knowledge of accounting, operational and financial procedures
- Strong communication skills verbal and written and ability to work and interact with all levels of personnel.
- CPA or other professional certification
- Oil and Gas services knowledge
- Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Well organized and able to drive others to reach goals and targets
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent presentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively and drive toward completion of tasks
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...