We are looking for a driven individual who wants to learn and to grow as part of our Finance team! This role will report to the Regional Finance Director, and provide Leasing and Property Management with financial planning and analysis support, which is split between strategic planning, business analysis, monthly reporting and ongoing special projects.
- Lead coordination and preparation of center management and leasing annual budgeting and bi-monthly forecast planning processes
- Review and identify drivers for budget/forecast variances, and identify risk and opportunities
- Participate in the review of bi-monthly forecasts with the VP of Leasing & Center Mgmt, and review the monthly results with centers’ General Managers
- Provide Leasing and Center Management with ad-hoc information, reports, and analysis as requested
- Prepare return analysis on key leasing deals, and offer advise on profit maximization
- Review and understand shopping center financial operations, including impact of tenant sales, occupancy costs and health ratios
- Build strong relationships with Leasing & Operations VPs
- Work with Accounting on a regular basis to ensure the team has a complete understanding of the financials
- Assist in the preparation of annual CAM & Tax rate sheets and the quarterly CAM revenue forecast
- Help prepare strategies and supporting documentation for the long-term forecast the centers, and review against both historic and market driven data
- Provide ongoing analysis to improve sales, marketing, income, and expenses for the region (IE benchmarking, competitor review/analysis, best-use of space, process improvement recommendations)
- Self-directed team player who is a quick study, flexible, problem solver and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required as this position will have significant exposure to senior management levels; can communicate findings of complex analysis in simple concise logical terms
- Executive presence with exceptional ability to influence to drive to decisions
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical as the Manager will often face shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Capable of thriving in a team-oriented environment
- Strong business and financial acumen, analytical and general quantitative skills
- Issue-based Problem Solving: Ability to dissect complex issue into components, design analysis, manage analysis process
- Expert user of excel, moderate powerpoint skills, familiarity with TM1 and JD Edwards helpful
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field, MBA a plus
- Retail, consumer products or real estate industry experience is a plus
The Westfield Group has 119 shopping centers in four countries with over 10.3 million square meters of retail space and 4,400 staff worldwide. The Westfield Group is the ninth largest entity listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and the world's largest retail property group by equity market capitalization.
The shopping centers, valued at US $53 billion, have strong positions in their local markets with geographic, retail and economic diversity providing a strong and consistent income stream. The centers are located in prime trade areas, anchored by long term tenancies with major retailers and incorporate a wide cross section of high quality specialty retailers and national chain store operators.
Westfield's North American headquarters are located in West LA (Brentwood).
For more information please visit
Jan 18, 2013, 2:10:09 PM
Westfield Corporation - 22 months ago
Mallrats nationwide can get their fix thanks to Macerich. The self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) acquires, develops, and...