Rich Products Corporation is known around the world as the founder of the non-dairy segment of the frozen food industry and the leading supporter and solutions provider to the Food Service, In-Store Bakery and Retail marketplaces. We are one of the world's premier family-owned food companies with more than 9000 associates worldwide.
We currently have a great opportunity as Financial Analyst for our Consumer Brands Division located on St. Simons Island, GA. Please visit our website at www.richs.com/careers to apply for this position or view other exciting opportunities.
The primary role of this position is to support the Consumer Brands Division through reporting and analyzing business results, forecasts, and providing ad-hoc analysis.
- Support the Division with various analyses to enable management to make business decisions. This is a primarily proactive role in which identification of process improvements, creation of reports and analyses, and distribution of information must occur.
- Using planning numbers and assumptions from Sales, Marketing, Production, forecasting and other sources, prepares planning financial statements for review and use by Finance Manager, sources, and senior management. Has primary accountability for accuracy of the numbers and analysis and gives input to the appropriateness of the assumptions used in planning and generation of source numbers.
- Using actual financial results from accounting department, prepares analysis of actual vs. budget for Finance Manager, Sales, Marketing and Senior Management. Has primary accountability for accuracy of the numbers and analysis.
- Completes project assignments from Finance Manager using information from a variety of sources. These may vary widely in requirements but will generally fall into the areas of business plan or financial plan analysis. Works alone or on cross-functional, multi-level project teams to accomplish projects.
- Analyzes information and presents new opportunities to improve financial analysis processes using various sources of information and a variety of analytical/computerized tools.
- Maintains effective communications with key customers, including adequately informing them of progress, problems, opportunities and changes.
- Makes presentations to management as assigned.
- Performs physical aspects of job, including being able to work well under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines, and variable schedule. May be required to travel by plane and/or car to seminars, meetings, or other plant locations, although travel will be minimal.
What do I need to be considered a candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; Minimum 2 years of relevant financial experience (1 year with MBA or relevant advanced degree); MBA, CPA, CMA preferred;
- Sales and marketing and/or manufacturing experience preferred;
- Spreadsheet modeling, spreadsheet design and construction, database design, and reporting are essential experience/skill requirements for this position;
- Excellent financial analytical ability including a sense for the reasonableness and accuracy of numbers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; effectively work in a team environment; work well under pressure and deadlines; trustworthy with confidential information; strong customer service orientation; self-starting ability; proficient in MS Office; specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite qualified candidates to apply. As part of our efforts to provide a safe and productive environment and hire talented and qualified associates, we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
Rich's - 15 months ago