The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Planning and Analysis and will be responsible for assisting the Finance Department in the areas of planning, forecasting and financial analysis. This position also will be responsible for the daily cash management functions of the company.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Assist with planning, forecasting and analysis for operational and administrative departments.
• Perform various analyses and special projects for Senior Management. Examples include cost/benefit analysis, discounted cash flow projections, capital request analysis, NPV, ROIC and IRR calculations, financial statement projections and forecasts, pro forma statements and calculations, etc.
• Settlement of daily cash position for the company, including investing or borrowing needs.
• Primary liaison with banks on daily issues and fee structures/activity.
• Bank debt compliance reporting.
• Maintain schedules of lease commitments and lease guarantees.
• Assist with the annual budgeting process. Includes setting up budget templates, working with the business units in collecting, analyzing and reporting data, and consolidating and summarizing budget results.
• Partner with the business on a periodic basis to review P&Ls and analyze opportunities to drive efficiencies, reduce expenses and increase profitability.
• Respond to inquiries from the CFO and operational managers regarding financial results and analysis requests.
• Maintain confidential or sensitive information.
• Other tasks required by manager or business operations.
• BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years experience of financial analysis
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work directly with business leaders and relate financial analysis to business decision making.
• Strong knowledge of financial return metrics and related calculations
• MS Office- Advanced
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• CPA or MBA
• Prior experience working in a financial analysis role within wholesale/ retail/ distribution industries.
The Grocers Supply Co., Inc. - 17 months ago