IT'S JUST GOOD BUSINESS.
For nearly 150 years, our principles have driven our business, not vice versa. Doing right, like embracing diversity from the start - when we hired our first female employee in 1890. Rewarding entrepreneurial spirit, from the 19th century pioneers who built the West, to present-day visionaries helping build a global economy. Over the years we have grown and changed in many ways, but doing right will always be at the heart of our business.
Los Angeles, California
Within the Analysis group of FP&A, responsible for producing and delivering financial analysis to Management at all levels of the organization.
Provides comprehensive and complex financial analysis. Prepares and provides quality control to the preparation of complex analytical and financial reports and presentations. Makes presentations and recommendation to Sr. Management. Requires knowledge of financial applications within FP&A and has an understanding of the data relations and interdependencies. Conduct and direct financial-based research and analysis projects. Develop, interpret, and implement financial concepts for planning and control. Work collaboratively across all FP&A teams, identifying best practices and process efficiencies. Provide guidance for junior team members.
Responsible for the production of complex financial reports regarding trends, variances, and profitability and performance measurement Analyze results and run checkpoint spreadsheets for GL Instrument, Aggregate, Float & Eliminations. Generate/review and publish monthly reports with analysis.
General responsibilities are:
- 50% Analyzes results
- 20Þveloping models to forecast the balance sheet and income statement
- 15% Coordinating with key stakeholders
- 15% Documenting processes and results. Major duties include: Coordinating alignment between Base and Stress forecasts. Maintains and enhances documentation processes. Manages changes to Capital Schedules from FP&A side. Develops variance analyses. Coordinates with Lines of Businesses on requirement changes. Reviews the results to determine the impact on capital and earnings. Enhances the on-going process for streamlined operations. Provides enhanced stress reporting. Aggregating and consolidating the results. Reconcile results with the Bank's general ledger. Ensuring data quality issues are addressed and resolved. Prepares key management reports and presentations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree with 10+ years of experience.
- Experience in Management Accounting.
- Advanced understanding of: Banking products & financial statements, Transfer Pricing and Risk Management including cash flow analysis, Performance Measurement or Profitability measurements, Union Bank's products, balance sheet, and income statement.
- Strong Financial and Risk Management analytical skills.
- Advanced modeling experience; Understand Database Structure and various database tools.
Why Work for Union Bank?
- We are a financially strong and stable bank.
- We value workplace diversity.
- We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
- Innovative vacation benefits.
- We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $97.0 billion at December 31, 2012. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank, N.A., is a full service commercial bank providing an array of financial services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, and major corporations. The bank operated 447 branches in California, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, and New York as well as two international offices, on December 31, 2012. UnionBanCal Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Union Bank is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG, NYSE: MTU), one of the world's largest financial organizations. Visit
for more information.
Union Bank offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401K plan. Pre-employment background screening is required for all positions.
Union Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. EOE. M/F/D/V
Union Bank - 16 months ago
Union Bank is a full-service bank with offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking...