Employees interested in participating in the 2013 Promotional Process for the rank of Fire Lieutenant are required to submit an online application.
To compete for the rank of Fire Lieutenant, candidates must meet the following requirements prior to the effective date of the promotional roster
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Two years continuous service as a full time Fire Engineer with Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services immediately prior to February 1, 2013.
(1) Must have passed the end-of-course test for the National Fire Academy Class, entitled, Fire Service Supervision: A Self-Study Course prior to the date of the job knowledge test.
(2) Must have successfully completed coursework for Fire Officer I through the Cobb County Fire Academy prior to the date of the job knowledge test.
(3) Must hold Fire Instructor I certification prior to the date of the job knowledge test.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The examination process will consist of a written examination and an assessment center. The final score is determined by adding together the weighted scores from the job knowledge test and the assessment center.
Candidate Orientation Dates: Wednesday, November 28th & Thursday, November 29th (8:30am - 10:30am) @ Public Safety Training Center
Job Knowledge Test Dates:
January 17, 2013 @ Cobb Civic Center
Assessment Center dates:
Cobb County Government - 6 months ago
Cobb County's Communications Office provides a variety of services to the residents and businesses in the county. The office's primary focus...