s Retail, Inc. is hiring a Firearms Department Manager, for our Retail Showroom located in LaVista, Nebraska.
This position is a critical link to our customers.
**For appropriate and accurate consideration for this position, please attach a cover letter along with your resume outlining your specific job related experience, as well as any specific outdoor experience and/or interest you may have.
Responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Gun Counter, NICS and Firearms Compliance Outfitters.
The Firearms Department Manager oversees ATF/Firearms to ensure compliance as well as drive sales of new and used firearms to ensure store meets or exceeds projected sales.
Provide training and support to outfitters/staff to ensure knowledge and excellent customer service.
Assures ATF Compliance and all internal policies regarding the selling and handling of Firearms are adhered to.
Follows up to verify employees are trained and only authorized employees sell Firearms.
Trains and coaches employees on a regular basis.
Oversee sales floor in order to promote and meet sales goals/objectives for firearms while maintaining compliance
They are also responsible for overseeing the safety handling of firearms.
Ensure ATF Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as compliance with Federal, State and local regulations. Ensuring compliance with all Firearms related paperwork (paper and electronic 4473, ATF F 3310.4).
Appropriately staff, train, performance management and scheduling of all Gun Counter, NICS and Firearms Compliance Outfitters. Must supervise daily activities and set departmental direction to ensure results meet corporate initiatives (Customer Service, Goals, Sales & Compliance).
Complete skills validation and training completion of Gun Counter, NICS and Firearms Compliance Outfitter positions. Assure all firearms safety guidelines and regulations are trained and followed at all times.
Responsible for setting and achieving monthly CLUB card referral goals to provide an added benefit to our customers.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Vocational or technical school degree plus two to four years of experience in a related field is preferred.
- Management training or experience preferred.
- Knowledge of firearms, ammunitions, primers and explosives.
- Knowledge of ATF Compliance regulations.
- Must be legally able to purchase and posses firearms to ensure compliance of firearms sales department.
- Knowledge of company products, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Must have strong communication and leadership skills
- Skill in operating cash register, personal computer and various software packages
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a
courteous, professional, and positive manner
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and create an efficient retail environment with minimal supervision as well as troubleshoot and resolve common problems
- Must be a Customer Service oriented team player.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a working knowledge of Federal, State and local firearm regulations and be eligible to sell firearms under ATF regulations.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest direct...