Duties for this position will include performing the following:
• Pressure equipment damage assessments.
• Design, repair, and re-rate calculations, Fitness For Service evaluations per API 579 criteria.
• Mechanical Engineering support.
• Willing to travel 20%
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering
Experience: • 5+ years of relevant engineering experience in the refining/petrochemical industries.
• Drawing interpretation in various forms.
• Pressure equipment inspection background is an advantage.
• Knowledge of API 510, 570, 571, 579, 580, 581, 650, and 653 is an advantage.
• Knowledge of ASME VIII Div. 1 & 2, and ASME B31 codes is an advantage.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Fitness For Service (FFS) methodology, calculations, and software (Solidworks, Ansys, Abacus, Signal, API 579) is an advantage.
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 16 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...