For over 110 years Miele, the world's largest family owned and operated appliance company, has been producing lifestyle enhancing products that lead the industry in terms of quality, durability and design. Since 1985, a select team of professionals have been carefully building consumer demand for Miele products here in the United States, ensuring that the well-earned, premium position of the brand is respected and perpetuated by delivering superior service.
Today, we are looking to expand our appliance service team with a Field Service Technician that will cover Alexandria, VA. If you want to be a part of a dynamic and growing brand, and possess superior technical and customer service skills, we invite you to take a closer look at this exciting career opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer location to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Miele equipment utilizing factory training, service manuals and computerized tools
- Level and adjust equipment to include plumbing, gas and electrical connections
- Install and instruct customers on the proper use of equipment
- Organization and upkeep of company provided vehicle (tools, test equipment, computers and other company items)
- Complete all service calls and warranty documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain required parts inventory by ordering replacement parts as necessary and conducting inventories as required
- Maintain the delivery truck in safe working order.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Must be a self-motivated, customer oriented person with good communication skills
- 100% local daily travel required
- Understanding of basic plumbing and electrical skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and technical training or applicable work related experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math
- Successful pre-employment drug test result
- 18 months related experience
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, Miele’s core principles and mission statement
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work professionally with colleagues and be a team player
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, schematics, operation and maintenance manuals
- Physical ability and dexterity to regularly climb, stoop, kneel and/or crouch and to frequently lift and/or movement of products that weigh in excess of 100 pounds
- A valid driver’s license
Provisions by Miele include the following:
Interested candidates that possess dedication, the skills to exceed our customer’s expectations as detailed herein and the drive to join a growing appliance brand are encouraged to apply online at www.mieleusa.com. Miele is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports and enforces a drug-free workplace.
- Field Service Technicians are equipped with uniforms and tools.
- Company vehicles will be used for all appointments
- Extensive product and Miele service training conducted by factory-trained team members.
- A valuable benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurances as well as company matching 401K retirement savings account. An Employee Summary of Benefits is available upon request through Miele’s Human Resources.
MORE ABOUT MIELE
There are only a few brands in the world that have sustained their vision, traditions and high-quality standard for more than a century. Fewer still that can claim consistent family ownership and international brand name integrity and only one that is recognized for creating the world’s most innovative appliances. Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever Better, Miele has dynamically grown to become the world’s largest family-owned and operated appliance company with over 16,600 employees, 12 production facilities, representation in nearly 100 countries and annual turnover of €2.83bn, approximately USD$3.62bn (2009/10).
As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. The company’s innovative heritage, state-of-the-art design and engineering aesthetic have inspired comparison to other powerhouse German brands synonymous with innovation: Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
Miele’s range of exceptional consumer appliances includes: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; built-in convection, speed and steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and coffee systems. Additionally, Miele Professional (the commercial product division) offers dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers and rotary irons for commercial use as well as washer-disinfectors for medical, dental and laboratory applications.
To research further, we invite you to visit mieleusa.com for complete and detailed product information or miele-sustainability.com for our public communication regarding Miele’s commitment to our environment and its employees.
Miele - 2 years ago
German automobiles are known for their engineering excellence, and the high-style appliances made by Miele are no different. Miele is the US...