What does a Flight Attendant do for Allegiant?
Allegiant Air Flight Attendants provide extraordinary service to our Customers and Fellow teammates. Flight Attendants are responsible for the security, safety and comfort of passengers, from pre-boarding the aircraft until they arrive at their final destination. As such, Flight Attendants are on the “front lines” in providing quality service to their customers and representing Allegiant Air to the public. Just as important, Flight Attendants contribute to the smooth functioning of the business by accurately accounting for passengers and the goods they are required to serve them. Flight Attendants promote the sale and usage of products and services offered by Allegiant and specified industry partners. The position responsibilities are performed in accordance with the dictates of the FAA. In addition, certain duties are assigned to satisfy mandates of the TSA. These standards are clearly articulated during training, as well as, in the ongoing performance of the job.
What are some of the daily duties of a Flight Attendant?
· Perform pre-boarding security checks of aircraft, passengers and carry-on baggage
· Provide support to other crewmembers and leadership, direction, and assistance to Passengers in accordance with government regulations
· Conduct pre-flight safety checks of cabin area
· In routine situations, ensure that passengers are seated and carry-on baggage is stored properly; advise passengers and confirm compliance with safety regulations and procedures
· During unusual conditions (such as decompression, turbulence, mechanical malfunction, medical emergencies, or unlawful acts by passengers) take action to maximize the safety of passengers and crew
· Assess and evaluate customers for appearance of intoxication or possible threat
· Serve and sell, food, snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and goods to all customers
· Attend to special needs of any passengers
· Communicate with passengers, individually and via intercom, on information related to their travel
· Ensure that galleys are stocked with food and serving items for trip
· Document and file all reports, such as inventory and trip reports, as required
· Complete international paperwork, as required
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED TRAINING: (PROVIDED BY ALLEGIANT) INITIAL/PRE-EMPLOYMENT
· Successful completion of four and one-half (4 1/2) weeks minimum new hire training program with a minimum of five (5) hours of Initial Operating Experience
· Trainee must maintain a ninety (90) percent or above average on all written and oral exams, and successfully perform the physical requirements of the job, including emergency/evacuation drills
· Class hours may include nights and weekends
Trainees will be offered employment and put on payroll upon successful completion of the entire training program . No Salary will be paid during training, although trainees are paid a per diem to cover miscellaneous expenses during that time.
· During Recurrent Emergency Training and all Requalification Training, the Employee is required to actively participate in simulated emergency situations and physically operate aircraft emergency equipment
· Any additional requalification, differences, and transition training will be provided as the necessary
Able to deal with people from all walks of life, using diplomacy and tact; good communication skills; able to relate to other cultures with respect and concern; Able to work as part of a team; Able to work under pressure; Able to assess situations in a timely manner; exercising good judgment, flexibility; ability to respond calmly and effectively in an emergency.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Flight Attendant?
· High School diploma or equivalent; college course work or degree an asset.
· Minimum one (1) year direct customer service preferred.
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Flight Attendant?
· Must be able to perform all functions as needed for this position
· Must be able to attend a minimum of 4 1/2 weeks of training in Las Vegas (Relocation is at the expense of the applicant)
· Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
· Must be able to react quickly using good judgment
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must pass a background check and five (5) year pre-employment drug screen
· Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
· Must have a valid passport to meet minimum application requirements
· Must have a valid driver’s license to meet minimum application requirements
· All required forms of identification presented, i.e., passport, driver’s license, and social security card, must match one another
What are the physical requirements of a Flight Attendant?
Airport/Aircraft environment; extreme temperatures ranging from below zero to above 130 degrees Fahrenheit
Work schedules are bid on monthly basis. Length of duty period may be in excess of fourteen (14) hours as allowed by the FAA Regulations . Often work weekends & holidays. Gone for extended periods of time, including days, weeks, or months depending on business necessity.
CHANGEABILITY OF SCHEDULE:
New flight attendants may be placed on “Reserve” status, which requires the Employee to be on call. Any flight attendant who is on Reserve must be able to arrive at the Crew Operations check-in area within 90 minutes of a call from Crew Services. Any flight attendant who is on Reserve may also be required to be on “Ready Reserve,” which means being at the airport, in uniform, for a specified duty period.
Travel in varying climatic conditions and different time zones are the norm. May be required to relocate residence based on the needs of the Company. May be assigned temporary base relocation due to company needs. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a motor vehicle are required, as rental cars are used on occasion.
Changes in pressurized cabin altitude (sea level to 39,000 feet). Variable positive and negative “G” loads. Occasional turbulence in flight; Works in confined spaces, aircraft aisles and galleys. Experience multiple take offs and landings. Extreme temperatures ranging from below zero to those above 130 degrees Fahrenheit; Exposure to loud engine noise.
In continuous contact with the public, which may include unaccompanied minors, ill, injured, and incapacitated passengers; customers with disabilities, or on occasion disorderly, inebriated and/or irate individuals.
Good general health, with no condition that would be adversely affected by flight; Physically fit; able to push/pull cart/boxes in excess of 300 pounds; Professional appearance and demeanor; neat and well groomed in uniform. Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist, knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Meet all FAR guidelines. Ability to physically respond to a disruptive passenger involved in a level 2 or higher threat, with appropriate level of physical response. This may include the use of restraints. Ability to jump onto and use an evacuation slide. Must be comfortable in a water environment. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) , such as protective breathing equipment. Ability to secure one's self in an Allegiant cabin jumpseat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened.
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.
Allegiant Travel Company - 30+ days ago
Allegiant Travel Company
Allegiant Travel Company
- 2 days ago
FLIGHT ATTENDANT - AVIATION
MGM Resorts International Operations
Las Vegas, NV
MGM Resorts International
- 3 days ago
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- 1 day ago