To effectively direct all design functions and activities of the floral department to achieve sales and profit goals established for the department. Be creative and have vision to take a thought and create the intended outcome. Provide exceptional customer service; to ensure that shifts contribute to the best financial interests of the store.
- Observe all store rules and company policies.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance and observe company dress regulations.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all product carried in floral department.
- Create custom floral designs for customers
- Follow weekly planner, and goals.
- Follow up on flower-shop reviews and evaluations.
- Follow procedures for receiving product to provide accuracy and to ensure product rotation and turnover.
- Maintain a clean, fresh, floral department at all times.
- Adhere to floral training and store procedures according to company policies and procedures and as directed by floral supervisor, floral buyer and specialist or store manager.
- Work closely with the produce manager store director on special promotions (Monthly Planner) for local events and holidays.
- Complete floral employee evaluations in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Greet all customers and provide prompt assistance and courteous service.
- Assist customers with any products or questions they may have about product.
- Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1 st Program.
- Maintain good communication in the department and throughout the company.
- Train new personnel according to company outlines and procedures.
- Notify store manager or person in charge of any policy violations having adverse effects on store operations.
- Maintain high standards of employee morale and promote an atmosphere of cooperation.
- Ensure that all sales are properly recorded into department registers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Count out till correctly in accordance with company policies and procedures as related to One Touch Accounting.
- Notify store management promptly of any problems with the register.
- Record all shift hours in Kronos Biometric Reader.
- Develop schedules according to allotted hours designated by store manager.
- Have a sense of urgency.
- Honestly keep breaks and lunches within prescribed limits.
- Control excessive use of supplies.
- Order supplies as necessary within prescribed budgets and recommendations from supervisors.
- Handle damaged or soiled product according to company policies.
- Notify scanning department of any price discrepancies or changes of product in department.
- Maintain inventory control to ensure freshness of product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return on investment.
- Check and verify floral deliveries and ensure items listed are all delivered, are of quality, and all costs, flows, and retails are correct.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as related to Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) and the Fresh Insights Program.
Maintenance and Safety
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ behaviors and actions. Report to manager or person in charge any suspicious behavior.
- Secure any materials or equipment in a safe area.
- Do not leave register unlocked and unattended.
- Keep individual payment receipt with you during breaks and lunch periods.
- Comply fully with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Keep floral sales floors clean, backrooms and storage areas free of clutter, and equipment in good work order.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Potential Career Path from this Position:
- Knowledge of plants, bow tying, cut flowers and arrangements.
- 3-5 years of recent floral or visual design experience
Please submit your intrest via Career Builder, please follow the easy steps provided to apply on-line.
- go to www.frysfood.com
- scroll to the bottom of the screen to find careers/jobs
- select the Store Opportunites link in the middle of the page
- answer each question and make sure to click submit when complete
- or visit our in store hiring Kiosk
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“We Value and Embrace diversity and Inclusion"
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...