To effectively direct all functions, employees and activities of the floral department to achieve sales and profit goals established for the department and to provide exceptional customer service; to ensure that shifts contribute to the best financial interests of the store.
- Observe all store rules and company policies.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance and observe company dress regulations.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all product carried in floral department.
- Create custom floral designs for customers
- Follow weekly planner, and goals.
- Follow up on flower-shop reviews and evaluations.
- Follow procedures for receiving product to provide accuracy and to ensure product rotation and turnover.
- Maintain a clean, fresh, floral department at all times.
- Adhere to floral training and store procedures according to company policies and procedures and as directed by floral supervisor, floral buyer and specialist or store manager.
- Work closely with the produce manager store director on special promotions (Monthly Planner) for local events and holidays.
- Complete floral employee evaluations in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Greet all customers and provide prompt assistance and courteous service.
- Assist customers with any products or questions they may have about product.
- Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1 st Program.
- Maintain good communication in the department and throughout the company.
- Train new personnel according to company outlines and procedures.
- Notify store manager or person in charge of any policy violations having adverse effects on store operations.
- Maintain high standards of employee morale and promote an atmosphere of cooperation.
- Ensure that all sales are properly recorded into department registers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Count out till correctly in accordance with company policies and procedures as related to One Touch Accounting.
- Notify store management promptly of any problems with the register.
- Record all shift hours in Kronos Biometric Reader.
- Develop schedules according to allotted hours designated by store manager.
- Have a sense of urgency.
- Honestly keep breaks and lunches within prescribed limits.
- Control excessive use of supplies.
- Order supplies as necessary within prescribed budgets and recommendations from supervisors.
- Handle damaged or soiled product according to company policies.
- Notify scanning department of any price discrepancies or changes of product in department.
- Maintain inventory control to ensure freshness of product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return on investment.
- Check and verify floral deliveries and ensure items listed are all delivered, are of quality, and all costs, flows, and retails are correct.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as related to Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) and the Fresh Insights Program.
Maintenance and Safety
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ behaviors and actions. Report to manager or person in charge any suspicious behavior.
- Secure any materials or equipment in a safe area.
- Do not leave register unlocked and unattended.
- Keep individual payment receipt with you during breaks and lunch periods.
- Comply fully with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Keep floral sales floors clean, backrooms and storage areas free of clutter, and equipment in good work order.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Knowledge of plants, bow tying, cut flowers and arrangement preferred.
- 3-5 years of design experience
Potential Career Path from this Position:
- After completion of Mentorship program, must pass Zone Panel Interview.
Submit your interest through the Kroger Career Opportunities web site on the Fry’s Intranet. Associates need to discuss the opportunity with their Store Manager and receive their written recommendation on the ‘Application for a Posted Position". Completed Career Builder application, Application for Posted Position and Career Opportunity Form must be received by Monday March 4, 2013
Please Post on Bulletin Board
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We Value and Embrace diversity and Inclusion"
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...