Maintains the grounds at County buildings within the guidelines of safety regulations and supervisory instructions. Reports to the Operation Supervisor II or other designated person and works with co-workers and the public to provide ground maintenance services.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prunes trees and removes limbs as necessary.
- Maintains equipment and tools.
- Inspects and maintains sprinkler systems
- Mows, weeds, line trims, plants trims and general clean up
- Supervises community service workers
- Serves as a resource to subordinate personnel.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Performs other duties of similar nature and level
High School diploma or GED
3+ years in similar position or sufficient experience to perform principal duties and responsibilities, usually associated with completion of apprenticeship/internship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of landscaping techniques, pesticides, fertilizers, application techniques, and principles of equipment maintenance.
- Proficiency in operating power lawn equipment and hand tools.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- May supervise and/or train designated subordinate personnel.
- Requires intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, lifting of light and heavy objects, climbing ladders, and using tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity. Work is performed outdoors with exposure to noise, chemicals, inclement weather, dirt, grease, dust, and machinery with moving parts requiring use of protective devices.
- This position require staff call up in an emergency situations
- This position requires less than 50% travel from office to other locations
Depending upon area of assignment:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Work is performed in an office setting.
Light Work: Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
City of Augusta, GA - 17 months ago