Additional Job Information
Title: FMLA Specialist II
City, State: Indianapolis,IN
Location: AH Ministry Service Center
Department: MSC Leave Management
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you'll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
The FMLA Specialist II manages leave requests that excludes medical or mental health conditions. Provide exceptional customer service ensuring Service Level Agreement objectives are achieved, if not exceeded.
Education & Experience:
- Monitor, process and maintain data for FML leave requests; Review Associate employment dates and leave history to determine eligibility and/or discrepancies, forwarding notification to Associate; Accurately apply FML processes and policies to account for intermittent leaves, benefit payment exhaustion, leave return dates, potential transitional duty positions, etc.
- Manage Associate data including, but not limited to, updating Associates’ FML days, correcting eligibility, entering return to work dates, etc.
- Compile metrics that can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of leave management policy, procedures and processes; analyze results and understand impact on staffing and performance in various health ministries
- Provide Level 2 customer service support for health ministries and their associates resolving any issues or errors; Successfully handle most non-routine issues, escalate issues that cannot be resolved to management
How to Apply
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year FMLA experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
- Experience working in a shared services/internal service delivery role preferred.
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
A Member of Ascension Health - 14 months ago