At FuelQuest our mission is to be the preferred partner of companies dedicated to better controlling and managing their costs and margins by delivering value-based solutions and services complimented by world-class support. We are committed to deliver measurable value to our customers and to continually expand that value through improvements to our solutions and processes. These improvements are enabled by our highly motivated team of industry and solution experts collaborating in an environment of teamwork, empowerment and accountability.
We are currently seeking a FMS Support Manager for our Houston, TX office.
In this role you will be managing the FMS support team, which acts as the primary contact for end users using the FuelQuest Fuel Management System \\\"FMS\\\". The manager will run the daily operations of the FMS Support team including resource scheduling, issue resolution and communication. The manager will also provide reporting metrics and analysis on the issues coming into the support team. The manager will also act as a support specialist for certain issues or customers. Most customer contacts are via email, there is also some direct communication via phone with customers. In this capacity, you will be on point to document the reported issue and track its status through resolution. Most issues will be resolved by you or a member of the support team occasionally some issues will need to be escalated other departments within FuelQuest.
- Manage the daily operations of the support team.
- Directly manage the FMS Support Specialists.
- Provide metrics on the volume and scope of issues coming into the FMS Support team.
- Providing end user support via troubleshooting and diagnosing and resolving issues within the FMS application. Resolution is typically in the form of suggested changes to the FMS configuration or rule settings or specific \\\'how to\\\' instruction.
- Act as the primary point of contact for live customers. Will conduct regularly scheduled status calls and schedule all code migrations with the customers.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Function as a FuelQuest subject matter expert on existing functionality as it relates to the industry and its customers, such as order pricing, forecasting and dispatch, freight payables management or environmental compliance. In this regard you will
- Providing use cases and value rationale for future development changes to the design team
- Supports testing of new releases of FMS software
- Support the FuelQuest professional services team with new customer set up and configuration.
- Proactively monitoring system by running reports and reviewing batch job emails to identify systemic issues that prevent customers from achieving system supported business objectives.
Highly Desired Experience and Skills:
- Direct people management experience.
- Ability to communicate with management level resource internally and externally.
- Ability to gather and interpret data and metrics.
- Familiarity with using or providing help desk support for a web based business application, preferably any kind of accounting work flow such as purchase to pay or inventory control.
- Experience in a customer support role where tracking and reporting issues and status of resolution were involved.
- Ability to document issues clearly and concisely in order for other team members to assist in resolution with little or no follow up needed for clarification.
- Comfortable handling multiple issues, i.e. multi-tasking
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently while serving in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- Clear, outstanding telephone skills and consistent projection of a positive image to internal and external customers
- Basic SQL, preferably in my SQL and Oracle. Previous report building experience is a plus.
- Network/system navigation skills such as getting to FTP directories, accessing systems thru remote desktop or VPN
- ERP system experience using purchasing, AP, invoice or inventory management modules
- Knowledge or experience with the downstream petroleum industry
- Certifications or formal training in help desk or customer support.
- Experience training end users using new or modified software
- Ability to document data and process flows using MS Visio or equivalent
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Fuel Industry strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree from accredited, 4-year institution preferred
- Experience: 5-10 years