Fort Rucker, the Home of Army Aviation is situated in the heart of the Wiregrass. We offer something for everyone. Our goal is to improve our Soldiers quality of life during their stay at Fort Rucker. We are proud to serve the needs of the Fort Rucker community. Our staff is committed to providing outstanding customer service.
Food and Beverage Attendants may work in any of the Business Operations Food and Beverage Facilities, to include Rucker Lanes and Silver Wings. Typical work includes taking care of guests' food and beverage requirements, maintaining sales records through use of point-of-sale, cleans and resets tables as necessary, removes glassware, china and silverware, cleans assigned areas. Additionally, may setup service areas with hot and cold foods and beverages. Assists in food prep, working under guidance of cooks or supervisors. Absolutely customer and guest focused.
This is a Flexible position and there are not any guaranteed hours. A flexible employee serves in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Social Security card is required.
- Email address is required.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Completion of Background Check.
- Completion of Team Member Orientation.
In a Snack Bar prepares a limited variety of short order fast food items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, fish and chicken sandwiches, pizzas, French fries, etc. Prepares/slices lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and other vegetables for sandwiches, salads, and pizzas. Removes perishable foods from the freezer for daily activities. Assures that tables/work surfaces are promptly cleared and cleaned. Cleans other work areas to include walls, floors, equipment, and storage areas. Takes delivery of supplies and ensures proper storage of shipments after delivery. Accepts food orders from patrons and serves alcoholic beverages. Spot checks the guest checks to insure that the information recorded is correct. Coordinates food and beverage needs for special events, not limited to preparing and serving food and cleaning work areas.
Follows all safety, security, and good housekeeping rules.
May work on a mobile eating cart driving around to deliver food and drink to patrons.
Serves as cashier in the snack bar, receiving payment by cash or charge. Completes cash report at the end of assigned shift. Orders fast food items, condiments, and other necessary supplies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge :
Must have skill and knowledge to perform tasks involving several procedures and be able to concentrate on work assignments despite interruptions and distractions. A working knowledge of sanitation standards is required as well as knowledge of procedures to prevent contamination. Must know basic food handling techniques, personal hygiene standards and safe work procedures. Must have the ability to read and understand written material. Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals. Ability to apportion, weigh, and measure foods properly and to use electrical appliances, grills, stoves, ovens, and other common kitchen equipment and utensils. Ability to operate a cash register, run a snack bar and drive a food cart.
Experience or training that indicates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position consistent with acceptable practices of the trade including but not limited to:
1. Ability to work without more than normal supervision.
2. Ability to keep things neat, clean, and in order.
3. Possess basic food preparation and handling techniques.
4. Ability to interpret verbal and written instructions.
5. Knowledge of basic sanitation principles.
6. Ability to use and maintain kitchen tools and equipment.
Age is 21 years or older.
Light to heavy physical effort is required. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds. Incumbent must have the mental, physical, oral, and audio ability to perform all of the duties of this job in both a satisfactory and safe manner. There are requirements to walk, stoop, bend, pull, push, and reach, frequently and to stand for long periods of time. May be required to work on ladders and use power cleaning equipment.
Experience in a casual dining restaurant, banquet catering facility, golf facility and/or bowling facility.
*Only applicants that meet the minimum Qualifications, Age Requirement, Physical Requirement and Best Qualified Requirement will be sent on a referral*
Conditions of employment:
1. This is a Flexible position. Flexible employees may work 0 -40 hours per week on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Employees are required to attend Team member Orientaiton within the first 30 days of employment.
7. Email address is required.
8. You must provide proof of citizenship (birth certificate, valid passport, report of birth abroad or certificate of naturalization.
9. 21 years of age or older.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...