Maintains high quality standards in food & beverage services, safety and sanitation. Strives to increase revenues and decrease costs. Gives personal best in service while demonstrating commitment to guest satisfaction and positive employee and company relations.
Provides direction and flow of dining room service, bar service and all banquet functions
Manages (plans, directs, schedules, supervises, evaluates, rewards and disciplines) all work done by a staff of 15-30 throughout the dining room, bar and banquet department
Provides ongoing training for employees, including operations, computer system and responsible beverage service
Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems and handles all guest and employee concerns in a professional courteous and tactful manner.
Is able to assist or take the place of any staff member when necessary
Provides solid examples of appearance, guest service and integrity
Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis
Ensures that all service & banquet areas are clean and well maintained
Holds daily pre-shift meeting and weekly department manager meetings
Enforces all company policies and regulations to ensure good safety practices of employees and guests throughout department
Responsible for following federal and state policies and regulation for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner
Ensures dining room, bar and banquet goals are being met by maintaining effective cost and portion control
Responsible for the ordering, receipt and storage of all Dining Room equipment including (but not limited to) china, sliver, paper, banquet items, uniforms, menus, etc. to ensure a minimum loss from waste or theft
Responsible for ordering, receipt and storage of all alcohol inventories and bar equipment.
Maintains time cards daily, records overtime, and is responsible for monthly profit and loss statements. Completes nightly reports. Reviews food and beverage sales daily. Adjusts scheduling according to labor and sales figures.
Maintains line of communication between dining room, kitchen and other departments.
Responsible for designing and implementing sales goals and incentive programs
Collects currency and keeps accurate account for control. Give receipt with every transaction.
Ensures that all daily reports are sent to Corporate Food and Beverage offices, i.e. labor, sanitation, void reports.
Participates in monthly inventory for all Dining Room and Bar items
Handles all employee issues in a professional, courteous and tactful manner
Complies with all policies and procedures set forth by Glacier Park Inc.
- 2-4 years of college, hospitality management or related experience required
- 2-4 years management experience preferably in a hotel, restaurant, banquet setting required
- Must have in depth, functional experience of service and standards
- Restaurant serving, bartending/cocktail experience required
- Hospitality/POS system experience preferred
- Must have working knowledge of kitchen functions and time management
- Must have knowledge of food, liquor and labor cost controls
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work varied shifts including holidays
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Hotel Dining & Banquet atmosphere
- Non smoking environment
Glacier Park INC - 6 months ago
Glacier Park, Inc. (GPI) is a concessioner of Glacier National Park in Northwest Montana, as well as an independent hotel operator committed...