Summary: Take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to hotel specifications, professionally, courteously and efficiently. Assist in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment.
• Take guests’ food and beverage orders maintaining a positive, friendly demeanor while utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
• Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to guests in accordance with department standards.
• Maintain complete knowledge of table, seat and station numbers, room capacity, operational hours and table set up of the restaurant.
• Maintain complete knowledge of menu items including unavailable items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and proper presentation methods.
• Maintain complete knowledge of POS systems and manual entry procedures
• Completes open side duties including but not limited to restocking restaurant supplies, set up of condiments, ensuring sufficient supply of wares, maintaining cleanliness of assigned station, and set up of tables and side station supplies.
• Guides the activities of the assigned bus person to ensure optimum service is provided to our guests.
• Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor
• Must perform duties with great attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• All other duties as assigned
• One to three years experience
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must be fluent in the English language
• Working knowledge of Infogenesis POS systems
Required Work Cards
• Alcohol Awareness (TAM)
• Walking, continuously standing, working indoors (more than 75% of the time)
• Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, bending, kneeling (50% of the time)
• Climbing, using chemical agents (less than 25% of the time)
• Hearing, vision, speech and literacy (critical)
• Regularly work in smoky, noisy, hot and humid temperatures
American Casino & Entertainment Properties - 16 months ago