Prepares food for cafeteria, Doctor / Sister Dining Rooms, catering functions, patients under strict food sanitation guideline and time schedule; other kitchen duties as assigned.
Experience in institutional food preparation required. Prefer someone with creativity who enjoys cooking. High school graduate or preferred someone with formal culinary training. Food Handler Certified or at least within 3 months of hired. Must be flexible to meet various scheduling needs.
ABOUT ST MARY MEDICAL CENTER
St. Mary Medical Center has served the healthcare needs of Long Beach and its surrounding communities since 1923. The campus includes four medical office buildings, a health education center and a 302-bed nonprofit hospital with all private patient rooms. Located on 18-acres in the heart of Long Beach, just blocks from downtown, St. Mary is centrally located to serve the diverse needs of a busy and rapidly expanding metropolitan area. What makes St. Mary unique is its balance of leading edge technology, the most advanced techniques and compassionate care of body, mind and spirit.
Because we are a leading innovator in healthcare, of course you have superb benefits. Employees who work a minimum of 40 hours per pay period receive a competitive salary and benefits for themselves and their families that start on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
We understand that our interdependence on every level is what makes this all work. The philosophy, traditions and values of the sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, are always in mind. Every effort is focused on creating a positive and caring place, not just for our patients, but also for all of us who are working side by side. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference, St. Mary Medical Center is the hospital for you.
- Free health benefits for you and your family, whether you are full or part-time if you choose an HMO selection
- Options within medical, dental, and vision plans
- An Employee Assistance Plan for individual/or family member counseling
- Other optional benefits such as universal life insurance, additional personal accident coverage, property casualty programs and alternative health discounts which include chiropractic, acupuncture and massage therapy, long-term care and prepaid legal assistance
- Generous paid time off
- Spending accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
- Employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Continuing education reimbursement and paid education days
- 403(b) retirement savings with matching contribution
- Pension plan
- Other unbeatable benefits include fun employee activities, ride share program, discounts to local attractions, on site Credit Union, employee store, Cafeteria/Pharmacy discounts, and much, much more.
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...