Works under general supervision of Management to lead work crews and assist in the completion of work activities related to road maintenance.
EEOC CODE: 80
1. Three (3) years unskilled work experience with on-the-job or formal training in asphalt maintenance; and
2. Must have at least a tenth (10) grade education; or
3. Equivalent combination of related training and/or experience.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
1. Must possess a valid Tennessee “CDL” Driver’s License with a Class “B” Air Brake Endorsement or secure one as of employment date.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads asphalt maintenance crews in paving, pothole repairs and similar asphalt maintenance activities such as luting and grading asphalt.
2. Leads crews in the removal of trash and brush from county roads and right-of-ways and related drainage areas.
3. Inspects work of assigned semi and unskilled laborers to accomplish daily work tasks.
4. Drives commercial type crew cab line truck, operate support equipment and asphalt rollers.
5. Maintains daily diary and work reports and record systems as required.
6. Maintains inventory of tools and assigned equipment.
7. Makes general mathematical computations.
8. Reads road maps to find job locations throughout the County.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of Shelby County roads and asphalt batching and placement.
2. Ability to coordinate and supervise one or more employees plus inmates.
3. Knowledge or routine maintenance and operations of power equipment.
4. Knowledge of operating tractors with heavy bush hogs for grass mowing, brush
chipper and chain saw.
5. Ability to install erosion control devices and structures.
6449 Haley Road, Building #11, Memphis, Tennessee 38134
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 12 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...